Brewer Fanatic

Most memorable game you've been to?

adamb100
What would you say is the most memorable Brewers game you've been to? For me it'd probobly have to be when Chad Moeller hit for the cycle. Though the first unofficial game at Miller Park would probably also be up there.

Sunday Game 2 of the NLDS this year. I had playoff tickets for 2007 but they fell apart and missed the playoffs. Sunday was great, it was my first playoff game and I sat in the left field bleachers so it was a great experience.

Another great one was opening day 2008 when Sheets had a complete game, 2 hits 1 run.

None of these are THAT historic or anything, but they stick out to me. In chronological order :

June 25th, 2005 vs. the Twins. The Brewers scored 6 runs off of Johan Santana and Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder hit their first career HRs in a 7-6 victory.

April 22nd, 2006 vs. the Reds. Bill Hall, Damian Miller, Brady Clark, J.J. Hardy and Prince Fielder all homered in the fourth inning. I was with my parents - my mom, a casual fan at the time, thought it was a good time to mosey around the ball park. She missed all five homers.

September 6th, 2008 vs. the Padres. Ben Sheets out-dueled Jake Peavy in a 1-0 complete game shutout. My friends and I were out at Mader's (I think?) later that night and Sheets was there at the bar with a lady friend, playing one of those touchscreen bar games ALL NIGHT. We tried to buy him drinks, but he politely refused and obviously just wanted to be left alone. Several Padres players showed up too, including Mike Adams.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Tuesday, August 13th 1991

This is the boxscore. See if you can figure out why I will never forget it.

I was a 14-year old baseball fanatic at my first game at County Stadium. I was from NW Wisconsin, so it was a special trip just to go and meant the world to me. It probably solidified my diehard fandom forever.

Ben Sheets 18 strikeout game.----I got my 5 seconds of fame on SC for the last inning of work,

5 homers in the same inning

I also remember going to a game where Hoffman blew the save or something. (In his GOOD year with the Crew nonetheless) You ask why this would be memorable. Well, I went with a buddy and his girlfriend and we were cheering for the Crew to not get anymore runs in the bottom of the 8th so we could experience Hells Bells in person. (We live 4 hours from the Park so going to Brewer games isnt a weekly or even monthly occurance). We had to explain to her why it was bad for the Crew to score more runs lol. After he blew the save she wouldnt shut up about how "I thought this guy was sposed to be good.:"

Yount 3,000th hit

Last game at County Stadium

Russell Branyan 3-HR game against the Cubs at Miller Park (sorry, can't remember what year)

Prince Fielder & Rickie Weeks hit first career HRs in same game (this is a personal favorite)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

1982 ALCS game 5 (3 and 4 were also memorable, but not as much as 5)

1982 WS game 4 (5 was a little less memorable because there wasn't a big comeback)

1980 - April 12th - Two grand slams in one inning game

1976 - September 17th- Hank Aaron night (also my first game)

Sadly, I haven't been to a particularly memorable game since 82.

Games that I just remember well for various reasons:

Last day Molitor got a hit in his streak.

Hideki Irabu game.

A rainy night game against the powerhouse McGwire-Henderson-Lansford-et al. A's that didn't start until very late. Must have been about 1500 people in the park. Sat right down behind the As dugout and had a great time interacting with those guys throughout the otherwise meaningless game.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

In no particular order........

Jenks' 3 homer game in 2003.

The last game at County Stadium.

The game at the Metrodome in 1983 in which Ben Oglivie hit a 486 foot homerun off the back wall.

The first game in Miller Park........we tried to get in, but couldn't find a scalper with tickets we could afford. We ended up going down to Fuddruckers in Brookfield, getting fish dinners, and asking if we could turn a tv in the corner to the game. We stayed all night, and had an absolute blast. They didn't mind, as long as we bought a few drinks now and then.

This past Saturday.......my first playoff game in person.

I was at the 1st two ALCS games and the 3 WS games in '82 but the game I remember best was opening day 1970. So I guess that makes it most memorable. Baseball was back even though it was the AL, the Brewers got blown out and the team sucked.

This is a great question. There are the milestones, of course. Ryans 300, Younts 3000, Easter Sunday, Sheets 18th (mothers day wasn't it? I know i took my mom...). Then there are the "special games". The 1st exhibition game at Miller Park to open the place up, the last game at county stadium, the play off games in 2008 and this year...

But there is one game that stands out to me more then any of the others. My memories are fuzzy, but it had to be around 1993. August game against the A's. 2nd game of a long double header. The 2nd game was over 5 hours long. Sometime around midnight (it was getting late), something happened in between innings that got Tony Larussa out and talking to the ump. The pitcher was warmed up and ready to go but Larussa was still yapping in the umps ear and Phil Garner gets on the top step and starts screaming at Larussa. Within seconds the benches clear. All out melee. One of the "best" fights in baseball. Full on tackles (Dickie Thon, I'm looking at you), fully planted punches... it was wild.

Players got tossed on both sides and the Brewers were short on players. Rickey Bones wound up in RF. Robin Yount moved to 1st with John Jaha moving to 2nd base and alternating with Kevin Seitzer at 3rd base depending on if there was a double play in order or not. Kevin Reimer moved from DH to the outfield (yes, the Brewers lost their DH). It was a crazy game. Brewers won and swept the DH.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

A few stand out for me:

-1992-Yount's 3000th hit

-1990-Nolan Ryan's 300th win against the Brewers. Ryan was one of my favorite players growing up.

-1979- Brewers vs. Yankees. Mike Caldwell came in high and tight against Reggie Jackson. The next pitch Jackson popped up and headed straight to the mound to attack Caldwell. Bench clearing brawl followed. Cecil Cooper hit a walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th (his 3rd HR of the game) to win it.

-1975 saw Hank Aaron's 740th HR

But there is one game that stands out to me more then any of the others. My memories are fuzzy, but it had to be around 1993. August game against the A's. 2nd game of a long double header. The 2nd game was over 5 hours long. Sometime around midnight (it was getting late), something happened in between innings that got Tony Larussa out and talking to the ump. The pitcher was warmed up and ready to go but Larussa was still yapping in the umps ear and Phil Garner gets on the top step and starts screaming at Larussa. Within seconds the benches clear. All out melee. One of the "best" fights in baseball. Full on tackles (Dickie Thon, I'm looking at you), fully planted punches... it was wild.

Players got tossed on both sides and the Brewers were short on players. Rickey Bones wound up in RF. Robin Yount moved to 1st with John Jaha moving to 2nd base and alternating with Kevin Seitzer at 3rd base depending on if there was a double play in order or not. Kevin Reimer moved from DH to the outfield (yes, the Brewers lost their DH). It was a crazy game. Brewers won and swept the DH.

Here you go:

http://www.baseball-refer...s/MIL/MIL199308242.shtml

Nothing too exciting for me.

(1) 5 HR inning vs. Cincy, paid $6 for Terrace Reserved seats.

(2) 16-2 victory vs. Cubs at Wrigley. Forgettable season, but what a great day to be a Brewers fan.

(3) Prince Fielder walk-off 2-R HR in 2005 to give the Brewers a 3-2 victory over the Pirates. To me, that hit represents the beginning of the new era of (good) Brewers baseball.

I miss having an MLB team within 2 hours.

I was at the 1st two ALCS games and the 3 WS games in '82 but the game I remember best was opening day 1970. So I guess that makes it most memorable. Baseball was back even though it was the AL, the Brewers got blown out and the team sucked.
That game was memorable for me too! Nope, I wasn't at the game, but my 5th grade teacher (a nun) let us listen to the game on the radio in class!

Archived