Brewer Fanatic

Playoff intensity

dayzedcrewfan
Theres just a few things I want to say about the greatest fans in the game IMO...being at the game on Sunday was one of the greatest experiences in my life. I have been to many games at Miller Park and I have enjoyed all of them. With that said, I had goosebumps from the national anthem (which was unbelievable by the way) to the hook Axford threw to end the game. The intensity and togetherness shown by the fans was awesome. I will never miss a playoff game again. Even though I was chosen in the lottery to purchase tickets at face value, anyone who thinks 50 dollars over face value is too much to pay to experience that kind of atmosphere is insane. Watching that type of fan emotion on TV doesn't even come close to the electricity of being in the park. The MVP chants for Braun and the all out excitement of every fan trumps any baseball experience I have been involved in. Kudos my fellow crew fans. Unlike other teams whose fans seem to be playoff homers (Tampa Bay for instance), Wisconsin fans year after year show their true colors by filling the stadium and pouring out love for players who leave it all on the field 162 games a year. From one fan to the many others on this site, lets keep up the intensity and hope for a world championship in 2011......go Crew!! And on a final note (replaying mentally Robin Yount coming off of the Mound) BEAST MODE!!!

I can only imagine, I was at the NLCS clinching game for the Rockies the year they went to the WS (I wouldn't call myself a Rockies fan by any means) but the intensity during that game was easily one of my top 5 sporting events I have ever been to. That being said I could only imagine being at a game for my team, last weekend makes me wish I still lived in WI! Go Crew, let's sweep!

With the Gestapo in the parking lot, I can't see why anyone would want to go to such a crummy event.

/blue

Edit: formatting -owbc

Can someone not be critical of the Brewers policies at Miller Park? Though I'm probably getting a little old for it, tailgating isn't much fun anymore because of the tremendous number (a vocal minority) of d-bag college age kids and their shenanigans (I'm no prude, by any means, but I don't want my kids getting any ideas). Instead of focusing on this issue, they decide to play hardball and kick people out of the parking lots after the game. I guess that I'm a jerk for not following the company line, which I think is bogus. These guys could win the World Series at home and you guys wouldn't run on the field. You kids are getting soft.

Yes, the people who are soft are the one's that don't see the merit in crying about being charged $5 more for playoff parking and/or being asked to leave by security an hour or more after the game ended and/or about the roof being closed and/or the wait for a portapotty in the parking lot and/or the type of people tailgating and/or the willingness of fans to hypothetically charge the field after a WS win.

Yes, the people who are soft are the one's that don't see the merit in crying about being charged $5 more for playoff parking and/or being asked to leave by security an hour or more after the game ended and/or about the roof being closed and/or the wait for a portapotty in the parking lot and/or the type of people tailgating and/or the willingness of fans to hypothetically charge the field after a WS win.
In a nutshell, I see it as this. More rules, less civility. More expensive, less fun. If that's 'fan friendly' to you, great. I'll be staying home.

In a nutshell, I see it as this. More rules, less civility. More expensive, less fun. If that's 'fan friendly' to you, great. I'll be staying home.

Do you really have to complain in every thread now? This is like the 3rd different one I've seen it in. We get it, you hate the policies at MP and would rather stay home. Stay home then and let everyone else enjoy it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Do you really have to complain in every thread now? This is like the 3rd different one I've seen it in. We get it, you hate the policies at MP and would rather stay home.

This is the second post, and someone above me sarcastically mentioned the complaints of the other thread. I'm done complaining about this.

Stay home then and let everyone else enjoy it.

Will do.

Community Moderator

Thanks dayzedcrewfan for the great post, I completely agree that the playoff experience is best watched in person.

But this doesn't seem to be going anywhere and we already have a thread about the parking lot controversy.

Archived