Brewer Fanatic

A "Feel-Good Story"...my buddy's son is throwing 91 MPH and being heavily scouted

splitterpfj

A very good friend of mine passed away about a year and a half ago, at age 43. Matt had been in a car accident in NY (Long Island), and after months of surgeries and physical therapy, he died, leaving his wife and five children.

Matt's oldest son, Tyler, is a pitcher. Watching Tyler pitch had become Matt's favorite pastime, and Tyler's good...good enough that he's on a full scholarship to a good D-2 program in NY State.

I have a lot of connections in baseball, and I was able to help get Tyler scouted by several MLB teams...I'm not sure if he even knows that.

Tyler messaged me tonight to say he's now throwing 91 MPH consistently, and that a scout for the Cardinals has recommended him for the NECBL next summer...the New England Collegiate Baseball League.

The young man is being noticed...and he's still growing. At this point, he is projected to be throwing 93 MPH by next spring. That's just a projection, it's possible he won't ever reach that number, but he's gone from high 80s to 91 in the last year, and as I said, he's still growing.

I just wanted to post this because I love it. Tyler's a good kid who has worked hard, and when it became obvious that he had enough talent to pitch beyond high school, his dad really got excited, calling me each time Tyler pitched a big game, etc. Matt's gone now, but his son has in fact used pitching to get himself to college, and may yet get a chance to pitch professionally. GO TYLER!

Archived