Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Interest Outside of Baseball

pebadger

Thought this was kind of cool. Excerpt from Mike McCarthy's post-game press conference yesterday:

(Have you ever been part of an offense that has been this good for four games?)

Hell, I don’t know. We had a good day today, number one. But we got to get better. I’m not really in the mood to reminisce. It’s been a great weekend for Wisconsin sports. We’re happy that we held up our end of the deal. Hopefully the Brewers can finish this thing off. It’s still tied when I came in here.

9-4

Who’s winning?

Brewers.

There you go. See. We’re having a good weekend here in Wisconsin. We’re glad to do our part.

I would puke if the Brewers did that. I can't stand the sausage that does that. Why not do the World Series Shuffle if we're going to mimic nearby sports teams?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I think it's cool that the local teams are supporting each other. Rodgers wearing a Brewers hat and some of the Packers taking BP, showing up at Bucks games...I'd love to see Braun on the sidelines at Lambeau too.

It's not like they'd be imitating some random superstar from some other city...it's about all the athletes from Wisconsin sports teams cheering each other on. I think it's cool and it makes me like them all the more. These guys are all awesome players and they've embraced the state...not much more to ask than that.

These guys are all awesome players and they've embraced the state...not much more to ask than that.
That's it to me. And that's such a big thing! We went for a long time with no one wanting to play football at Wisconsin, no one ever wanting to come to Green Bay, and Milwaukee being a laughingstock not all that long ago. The times have changed, and for us as long-time and long-suffering fans are being rewarded. I cried when the Packers won the Super Bowl, I had my chest puffed with pride watching the Badgers play in the Rose Bowl and that pride exudes from me in being a long-time Brewer fan. Even in Texas, I am proudly and happily wearing my Packers, Brewers and Badgers gear!

Yeah I was thinking a Brewer World Series and Badger Rose Bowl would make for the perfect Wisconsin Sport Year....... assuming the Bucks don't have a season http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

back on topic though....i don't see Shaun Marcum getting in on the title belt. His team isn't doing so hot.

Well, that's the most that they can control, even if they are undefeated. If that's "all" they get it, and then win it, it will still be the best season in Badger history and it would be a shame if people lose sight of that.

On the Aaron Rodgers Show today on ESPN Milwaukee he said that he talks to Braun at least every other day and he has given Braun permission to do the belt after a home run. Rodgers also said he has given serious thought to doing Beast Mode after a TD.

The excerpt from MM's presser is beautiful. I love this guy. I just wish they'd let him do his weekly TV show in a T-shirt, or maybe a polo, and a ball cap as opposed to the suit and tie deal. He looks uncomfortable to the point of wanting to jump right out of his own skin.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Rodgers did "Beast mode" towards the end of the game tonight. It was right as they were leaving the field before Crosby's final field goal.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived