Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-02 Diamondbacks (Hudson) at Brewers (Greinke) - [NLDS Game 2 - Brewers win, 9-4; Lead Series 2-0]

And the 3-day rest gamble did not pay off.
Or Greinke just doesn't handle pressure well as he'd be prone to with his anxiety issues. There are a lot of things you could attribute to. It could also just be a bad game. Regardless, he should be taken out at this point.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Whole new ballgame now. But we have our big hitters coming up again. We knew the D'Backs had some pop so I can't really criticize the decision to start Greinke today. You just can't throw a fastball down the middle to Upton on 3-1, it doesn't matter how many days of rest you had.

Lost confidence in Greinke again. Same as the first 2 months he pitched, same problem keeps coming back, no way it's a fluke or bad luck, some days he doesn't have it, today for example.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Or Greinke just doesn't handle pressure well as he'd be prone to with his anxiety issues. There are a lot of things you could attribute to. It could also just be a bad game. Regardless, he should be taken out at this point.
Or Greinke has been giving up homers all year and the D-Backs are a home run hitting team.

Or the breaking pitches weren't sharp because of the lack of rest, so there's no confidence in them, leading to throwing a lot of fastballs.

You're right, though, too many variables for a definitive statement. Just need the bats to pick up Greinke.

So far the two biggest mistakes of the series were #1 starters talking their managers into doing the wrong thing.
At least half the board wanted Greinke starting today because of his home/road splits. It wasnt just RR
Agreed...it's a judgment call. I figured RR had a better view of what Greinke could do, but it was pretty obvious early he wasn't right.

well, ball 4 just called called strike 3

Watching on MLB and I couldnt tell. You rarely see Braun strike out looking but he didnt complain so I figured he just got fooled

it was essentially in the same spot that a pitch was called a ball earlier in the at bat

Saito can still pitch in the league, wonder if he will next year.
The Brewers should make a serious attempt to re-sign both ancient relievers on the team, Saito and Hawkins, who will be FA's in the offseason. They've been great when healthy this season. But age and health will drive down their price and deservedly so.

Archived