Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-02 Diamondbacks (Hudson) at Brewers (Greinke) - [NLDS Game 2 - Brewers win, 9-4; Lead Series 2-0]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showed up at 315. The parking pass got us into the Miller lot but it was almost full. Jovial crown, almost like a college tailgate.

Hustled into the stadium and took out seats. The atmosphere was great and the roof about came off when Robin came out. During the sixth it was the loudest I have heard Miller, ever. I give myself the line of the night in our section when they IBBed Kotsay; "I don't believe what Kirk Gibson is doing!"

See ya Tuesday.

I'll be curious to hear from those at the game, but that appeared to be the loudest/craziest that Miller Park has ever been.

Of course I don't know if it was the loudest ever, but it was insanely loud where I was on the club level. Definitely the loudest I have ever experienced there.

I just came here to see what folks were saying during that 6th inning because I thought it was nuts how long they left that pitcher in. I thought he had to be rattled by the balk and the bad throw on the squeeze and the noise.

That 6th inning was the loudest I've ever heard that stadium get. It was wild from the first row to the last (where I was... must be in the front row!)

The cool thing about it is it just kept building with each single. When Braun knocked in the last run it was total bedlam. This playoff baseball thing is like a drug.

It was a very interesting crowd today. Early it seemed like it was going to be a split Brewers/Packers crowd again as there was a lot of buzzing and cheering in the concourses when (from what I assumed) the Packers scored. From start to finish the crowd wasn't nearly as electric as yesterday, but in spots it was pretty awesome, especially the bottom of the 6th. From Yuni's walk until the pitching change before Weeks most people were standing and cheering.

Being up 2-0 is awesome. I smelled the squeeze with Lucroy a mile away. I think Gibson and the D-Backs thought it might be on with Yuni because everything was way outside. Beast mode!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Community Moderator

Most pitching moves leave room for debate, but today there wasn't.

After Ziegler walked Betancourt, everyone knew he was in big trouble. At that point the D'backs should have gotten someone throwing and sent out the pitching coach to calm him down. After Lucroy's bunt, that should have been the end of him, or at least after he walked Kotsay if they want to set up the double play. But then they let him face Hart, which of course backfired immediately. But even then, Gibson had an escape since the lefty Morgan was now up. But unbelievably, the D'backs didn't even try to slow down the game, so Morgan's hit sent the crowd into an even bigger frenzy. And since he let the first 5 guys he faced on base, why not leave him in for Braun as well?

This was essentially a must-win for the D'backs, so they should have been even quicker than usual to pull the trigger. It was the worst playoff managing I have ever seen, and furthermore, it was some of the worst managing that I saw all year against the Brewers. Even Ned Yost wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Despite all that, it's a completely different series now when you go on the road. And the elimination games are the hardest to win. The Brewers have never been on this side of an elimination game, ever. So this is new for all of us.

In the vicinity of 222, the crowd and atmosphere rivaled if not topped that of 2008 NLDS game 3. It was definitely a more engaged crowd than in Saturday's game. There were plenty of moments I missed because I was surrounded by taller people waving towels. Not that it wasn't still very exciting.

Whoever thought they heard a JER-RY chant was correct. I heard that several times between Saturday and tonight on the 3rd base side. In the 6th inning there was also a YU-NI chant. Swear to God. I thought of Brewerfan and wondered if we were headed for the end times.

As I'd hoped, we were able to bring my 11 year old nephew who has now experienced a postseason game. I've known him all his life and have never seen him so excited. I'm thinking I may be the cool aunt for eternity now.

This is wonderful fun and I hope there is a next round if only so others of you have a chance to experience it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I agree, we were in 230. Loudest I've ever heard it. Seeing all the towels in person was pretty cool too. This was my (and my daughter's) first playoff game so I was pretty pumped. I was 13 in '82 but my uncle took my brother to the World Series, not me. Still a little upset about that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

On the way down the ramps after the game some kind of just steady monk-like "OOOOO" chant started and just got louder and louder. My daughter got so fired up she ripped her 'number 1' finger out of our bag and started waving it around again.

I remember being at some games in the late seventies, early 80s. Definitely had that kind of feel to it.

This was my first playoff game. My voice is shot today. That 6th inning was insane. After the Kotsay IBB it was like watching the baseball Bugs Bunny cartoon, but instead of homers it was liners to center. Wham, a single! Wham, another single! WHAM, another single! We didn't even have time to catch our breath.

The atmosphere on the way out of the stadium was awesome. Just a sea of Brewers love.

I was there and it was just nuts in that 6th inning. I think because there wasn't the big blow like a 3 run shot or anything. It was just singles and it happened so fast. You were still amped up about the Hart single, you had no time to relax or catch your breathe and Morgan hits one, then Braun. It was just awesome. And LOUD.

That 6th inning was the loudest I've ever heard that stadium get.

Funny, I was listening on the radio and I said the exact same thing to my wife; it was becoming actually dissonant. I've never heard that constant, just MASSIVE roar there before, not in person, not on TV or radio. Like Live at Leeds.

Anyway, we had long-standing plans up in Mendocino this weekend but I was able to listen to the games on the radio while driving up and down 101--it might've actually been less nerve-wracking doing it that way than watching at home, pacing in front of the tube.

I obnoxiously would honk my horn repeatedly for Brewers' scores/big plays.

I was there yesterday, and I'd say the 6th inning was the second loudest I'd ever heard the ballpark, the loudest being the 2-3 minutes after Braun's HR to take the lead on Sunday in 2008. That could also be, because I was in the upper deck then, and the bleachers now.

The "MVP" chants for Yount were awesome.

The entire RF Bleachers chanting To-ny Plu-ush... when Nyjer got moved over to RF.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The jsonline Brewers section doesn't have highlights up for some reason. Anyone know where I can hear the radio calls from yesterday? Just curious what the roar sounded like during that sixth inning.
I noticed that this morning! We specifically didn't hustle back to the car for the radio highlights, feeling confident it would eventually be online, but all I see are pre and post game interviews. I've got the option of the Gameday audio archive, but the five-minute capsules are terrific for my iPod.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived