Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-02 Diamondbacks (Hudson) at Brewers (Greinke) - [NLDS Game 2 - Brewers win, 9-4; Lead Series 2-0]

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nlds/game2.jpg

Daniel Hudson

Hudson will start Saturday's Game 2, something that had been assumed all along. The right-hander, who was 16-12 with a 3.49 ERA this season, was roughed up at Miller Park on July 4 as he allowed six runs (five earned) on eight hits in four innings.

Brewers vs. Hudson
Hudson Game Log

Zack Greinke

After coming through with a win on the final day of the regular season, Greinke will make his second consecutive start on three days' rest and likely will not go much deeper than the sixth. Greinke will be making his first career postseason start.

Diamondbacks vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Willie Bloomquist
  2. 2B Aaron Hill
  3. RF Justin Upton
  4. C Miguel Montero
  5. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
  6. CF Chris Young
  7. 3B Ryan Roberts
  8. LF Gerardo Parra
  9. RHP Daniel Hudson

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. 3B Jerry Hairston Jr.
  7. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-tbs.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay| ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fully expecting Hairston back in there... Actually, we'll likely be the same exact lineup as yesterday. Hudson is solid but not great--definitely not a strikeout pitcher. If Greinke is close to 100 percent the Brewers have the starting pitching edge.

Is the 'Greinke will likely not go much deeper than the sixth' comment something someone reported or just speculation? Can't limit a top pitcher with a pitch count in the playoffs, 3 days rest or not.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I love how they announce the roof will be closed as if there is any doubt. Unless it is 70 degrees outside, the roof stays closed. That's just how they roll. I don't agree with it, but I'm used to it.

Casey is 5-5 against Hudson, and I think it was McCalvy who speculated RRR was leaning towards starting him today. Hopefully today is as grand as yesterday. Save us, Zack Greinke!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

McGehee will be in the starting lineup more than likely. The case could be made for Hairston as the SS today however though he is .333 against Hudson in his small number of atbats. I know SS is not an easy position but is Hairston a better defensive shortstop than Bentancourt according to the numbers? Are there enough numbers out there this year for us to make any safe assumption?

Also, Hudson is 0-3 in his last three starts with a 4.26 ERA so he isn't exactly rolling but he isn't as bad as the 3 losses indicate.

I'm surprised that Casey isn't in the lineup after what McCalvy was saying yesterday. I think Hariston's defensive plays yesterday really sealed it in Roenicke's mind that Hairston is the way to go. I almost doubt that we will see Casey start a playoff game at this point, if he's not starting today.

Paul Goldschmidt is starting at first for the DBacks instead of Overbay. He's a good hitter, but this surprises me since Overbay has a lot more good PAs against Greinke, since they faced off in the AL so often, plus Overbay has the lefty-righty advantage.

Tyler Barnes announced this morning that the roof will be closed. Apparently, MLB doesn't want it moved during the game, and cool temperatures are anticipated as the game goes on.

What the Brewers do during the regular season is fine. If it gets cold, they close the roof. However, the Astros kind of blew this for everybody when they wanted to get "creative" about how they used the roof during their last postseason appearance.

Given that the Diamondbacks also have a retractable roof, I'd bet that there'd be little or no fuss on their part if the roof were closed mid-game. On the other hand, if the Brewers were playing a series against the Cardinals, you can bet that there'd be a fuss.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm surprised that Casey isn't in the lineup after what McCalvy was saying yesterday. I think Hariston's defensive plays yesterday really sealed it in Roenicke's mind that Hairston is the way to go. I almost doubt that we will see Casey start a playoff game at this point, if he's not starting today.

Paul Goldschmidt is starting at first for the DBacks instead of Overbay. He's a good hitter, but this surprises me since Overbay has a lot more good PAs against Greinke, since they faced off in the AL so often, plus Overbay has the lefty-righty advantage.

If I was a DBacks fan I would be ripping my manager right now. He's made some glaring mistakes so far, not playing Goldschmidt right up there with pitching to Prince. I'm pretty happy that Roenicke has been great lately.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/whacking-day-picture.jpg
There you go! I was thinking about Whacking Day yesterday.

My nephew and brother are here, so we're leaving town soon. 1-0 for Sunday, Brewers. Don't let up!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hudson is the guy whose name was floated around last year as the potential big (only?) chip that would come back in a Fielder trade right?

was this rumor exclusive to this site or did were its legs (a source?) legitimate?

I heard that from a lot of other places, I thought that was pretty much fact

"The White Sox wished to include right-hander Daniel Hudson as the centerpiece to the deal. The Brewers did not see Hudson as anything more than a #3 starter at the big leagues, however, so they asked for more than Hudson in return (reportedly Gordon Beckham). That was obviously too rich for Chicago's blood and the talks died."

I'm so confident in this game, I'm going to a concert instead....well, not quite. Got free tickets, and it's a concert I want to go to, but still, I don't want to be overconfident, but I think this game should be a win. Huge momentum shift going into the last 3 games having to win 1 as opposed to 2. I'm wearing my Packers T-shirt and my Brewer hat!

Archived