Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-01 Diamondbacks (Kennedy) at Brewers (Gallardo) - Brewers win, 4-1; Lead Series 1-0]

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nlds/game1.jpg

Ian Kennedy

Kennedy, a 21-game winner and a major part of the D-backs' success, is expected to take the ball in Game 1 in what will be his postseason debut. He went at least seven innings 20 times in 33 starts this season and allowed one run or fewer in 16.

Brewers vs. Kennedy
Kennedy Game Log

Yovani Gallardo

Gallardo will start his second Game 1 in three years, but the circumstances are vastly different. He was one start removed from knee surgery in 2008 when he took the mound in Philadelphia and gutted through four innings.

Diamondbacks vs. Gallardo
Gallardo Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Willie Bloomquist
  2. 2B Aaron Hill
  3. RF Justin Upton
  4. C Miguel Montero
  5. CF Chris Young
  6. 1B Lyle Overbay
  7. 3B Ryan Roberts
  8. LF Gerardo Parra
  9. RHP Ian Kennedy

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. 3B Jerry Hairston Jr.
  7. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Yovani Gallardo

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-tbs.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay| ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Ron for doing the sensical thing and starting Hairston. Between Greinke tomorrow and Hairston tonight, he's starting off the playoffs on the right foot in my mind.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Harriston at 3rd today, no Casey, I like the lineup today.
I also like Hairston before Yuni in the order. I would have to guess Hairston is better with the glove than Casey so our defense gets a little better too.

Get this done today, Brewers. Put together some good at bats, play good defense, and get some runs! I'm excited to see what the atmosphere at the ballpark will be. Ahhhh, gotta go!!
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I am so amped! Can't wait for the game. Kennedy is tough so I hope the bats do not go silent. Hopefully Yo keeps his string of good outings going. I'm gonna predict 4-2 Brewers.

EDIT: Love JHJ at 3rd better bat and better glove than Casey. Glad RRR realizes he has to approach the playoffs differently.

To everyone who is going to the game, have a great time and make a TON of noise for us who can't make it to the game.

It only took until game 1 of the playoffs, but people are actually complimenting the lineup. I'll admit that I thought RR might have started McGehee today, so nice work!

Get some runs early!!!!

I like this lineup, too. Of course I wish Green would've gotten more of a chance a month or so again and maybe if he did we'd be doing Hairston SS / Green 3B here... but I'll gladly take this. Heading to the park now. Enjoy this, everyone. Go Crew!

I'm going to be in a church for a wedding for the majority of the game, terrible planning. That said, I'll be able to pray for the crew for a few hours. I'm really worried that our bats won't show up and we will be swept, But would love to be proved wrong. We need Hart or Weeks to have a big game.

I love Yuni in the 7 hole

Spool nervous.

Formerly Andersoc420

Chat was down for a while, but it's back up now.

I don't like Yuni in any hole, but number seven is a better choice than most of the other holes.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It seems that three of the four guys on TBS's pregame show are murdering the pronunciation of Yovani Gallardo's name in one way or another. One is even pronouncing the "LL" as an "L."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived