Brewer Fanatic

"Second season" starts today. How do you feel?

hawing

Remembering the "game 162" thread jflick1215 began in 2008, I thought I'd try to capture people's thoughts today (while we await an IGT).

I'm geeked out and delighted to have bonus baseball. The NLDS game 3 in 2008 was one of the happiest days in my life (and would have been, win or lose). This year I can buy into the idea that the Brewers are looking for more than just "being there." The weather looks nice and I can hardly wait to get on the road, much less get in the park.

Good luck and have fun, Brewers. 1-0 for today.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I worked until midnight last night and didn't go to bed until about 2am. I was wide awake at 6:45. My girlfriend rolled over and asked me what I was doing awake. I said, "Can I get up and open my presents?" I can't wait to get to the park.

08 was nice but I had no real expectations of a deep run. This year is different. I'm expecting a really fun and memorable October!

nervvous, very nervous. maybe not Packers 2010 playoffs levels of nerves, but pretty close. I've had very high expectations for this team all year and today is the start of the journey to fullfilling them. Hopefully Yo dominates and our offense jumps on Kennedy early and I can relax, but these games are usually pretty tight and can turn on one play. I just hope that they're a little looser than they were in 2008. While that was an awesome experience being at those games, we really didn't look that good at all. That experience should serve them well. Let's do it guys! This is what you play all year for! carpe diem!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Not nervous. I'm confident. I was there in 08 when the clinched and that was awesome but really didn't expect much out of them in the playoffs. I lived through the great teams of the 70s and 80s and that was absolutely awesome. I have the same level of confidence now as I did then. I predict absolute mashing. Series will be over in 4. I have spoken so it shall be done.

Fell asleep to some Brewers podcasts...woke up, rolled over and immediately checked brewerfan, couldn't wait to share the day over the interwebs with my fellow Brewers nuts...yeah, I'm pumped.

In '08, I wanted to win just to break through and get into the playoffs. Game 162 was huge and the playoffs were almost gravy. This year I want more...this season has been so awesome I don't want it to end. These guys are good and we all expect more!

I've got my Plush jersey on with Brewers sweatpants and my cap...both kids in Braun jerseys, they both slept in my Brewers T's...I think we're second only to the Attanasios in Brewers garb in SoCal.

Huge Badgers & Packers fan here...and I can think of nothing but the Crew...this is huge.

It's like Christmas in October. One of our first cool days down here (~55 degrees) so it's time for open windows, playoff baseball, and a heaping bowl of mussels.

This has been a special season and whatever happens over the next few weeks, I think we should all remember just how good this team was over 162 games this season. I think we all know they have a chance to do something special, so let's just enjoy the ride.

I can't wait until 2:07!

I was oddly calm all last night and even this morning. Now that it is time to get ready and head over to the ballpark I'm starting to get a few nerves. I'm excited for what will be coming and what we will see.

I've seen some magical moments this year in person (Prince walk-off vs. COL, both blown saves by Cordero, Plush walk-off SF, clinching night) and I'm hoping to add a few more to the list this post-season.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

This is slowly becoming more of a reality. I'm reading more and more "playoff prediction" articles and people actually have faith that the Brewers could not only win round 1, but beat the Phillies and make it to the biggest stage. I'm going to spend the next 2 hours before game time reading every possible article on the Brewers. This is exciting stuff!

I am geeked out and have been looking at the clock every 5 minutes. This morning is taking forever.

I am confident excited but I still can't get the thought out of the back of my head that they are just going to come out and choke. A couple early runs today will make me feel better.

Community Moderator

Completely different attitude compared to 2008. In '08 I was just happy to be in the postseason. Wasn't nervous at all.

This year--I'm extremely nervous. Didn't sleep well last night and have been uneasy all day. I just want the game to start. I really hope the Brewers take an early lead to calm me down.

I bought tickets for game 5 since I couldn't go to game 1 or 2, I'm confident that I won't end up using them and I'll instead be going to a game 2 against the Phillies or the Cardinals. I will be devastated if they lose to the DBacks in the 1st round with home field advantage as I consider them the weakest team to make the playoffs this year.

Archived