Brewer Fanatic

Brewers increase 2012 ticket prices [Price chart in reply #15]

adamb100
I'd give anything to see the books. As for revenue streams, I have to assume that ticket sales/suites top the list, but you also have to consider local/national TV money, concessions, merchandising, 'corporate partnerships', and it appears that the team even has a hand in parking revenue. All of these things have to be at their absolute peaks right now, but I'm assuming that the team still has some refinanced debt from the turn of the century. Retiring this debt would technically eat into the profits on 'the books'.

I thought it was interesting to see that Baseball-Reference has the Brewers' estimate payroll for 2011 at appx. $110M. They estimate that the Brewers would trail only PHI & SF in terms of NL payrolls. Here's the link to the team-specific page for the Brewers, that kind of explains how they arrived at the estimated payroll amount -- http://www.baseball-refer...ms/MIL/2011-roster.shtml

The main page of B-Ref currently shows the payroll estimates for all teams, in a standings-like display format.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yes. We have had the "Terrace Treat" package for 4 years now. It started out as buy 2 seats (at the season ticket price), get 2 free so it was $5 a ticket when we started it in 2008. It went up to $6 per ticket in 2010 I believe and is now $8 a ticket for 2012 season.

Again, this is a very good price, but when you live over an hour away and can't make it to every game and can't sell some of the games, it gets a little tougher to eat the tickets or sell them last minute to friends. Definitely weighing our options before we renew.

I believe they stopped offering the Terrace Treat deal to new season seatholders in 2010, but I could be wrong.

I'd give anything to see the books

If you haven't seen them already, the financial reports leaked on Deadspin for a few teams are quite detailed. One could probably guesstimate some Brewers income and costs by looking at other teams.

• 3 months later...

Archived