Brewer Fanatic

2011 non-Brewers LDS Thread

owbc
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

We have to pull for the Cards tonight so that the eventual winner has to waste another starting pitcher on Friday.

As for who to play in the NLCS? The Phillies are ridiculously good, while the Cardinals have the rivalry aspect. I want the Brewers to be the team to put away the Cardinals, and it will be a great showcase for the NL Central after recent terrible performances. Think of all the storylines:

-Divisional rivals

-1982 rematch

-Controversy with LaRussa's complaining

-Top two free agents on display

A major brawl would almost be guaranteed to break out in that series. Bring it on.

Well, the Cardinals winning tonight is good either way. If the Phillies win game 5, it's ikely Halladay wouldn't be available until game 3 of the NLCS because he'd have to pitch game 5 of the NLDS.

As bad as it would be to see the Cardinals advance further than the Brewers, wouldn't be equally as positive to watch the Brewers beat the Cards in the NLCS? I'm going to wait until the NLCS is set up before I start talking too much.

Agree with Schlitz. At this point, IF we can find a way to win tonight (or Friday), we're going to have to beat either a really, really good team by winning at least one game on the road or a ridiculously hot team that happens to be a major rival. There are plusses and minuses in both scenarios, I think, so why not just enjoy Game 5 and let the baseball gods decide what happens.

The good news is that a Brewer win tonight means Gallardo-Greinke avoiding Halladay or Carpenter, and that's big. Really, really could use this this one in a half hour or so. Let's get it and then scout the Phils-Cards pressure free.

Maybe it's good that we're not in these situations all of the time, so we can actually appreciate them instead of taking them for granted. The Yankees just had the bases loaded, 1 out, bottom of the 7th, down by 2, heart of the order up, and the crowd was on their feet, but pretty much just standing there not making much noise. I couldn't help but think of how rocking Miller Park would have been in that moment.

see that was confusing to me. I couldn't believe that Yankee fans were just standing there while I was watching. It was either (a) they were nervous that Detroit was going to get out of it, or (b) they knew it was their God-given right that they'd win so why bother cheering in such in inconsequential inning such as the 7th.

I'm leaning toward (b).

Three more outs, Tigers!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I hope if this happens tomorrow that the crowd gives a nice ovation at the end of the game for a show of appreciation to the players.
I was thinking this as well. I'll be on my feet applauding the 2011 Brewers at the end of Friday's game, win or lose.

Also, let's give Principessa21 a moment here. She roots for the Yankees for the same kind of reasons we root for the Brewers. I'm intrigued by DET-TEX in the ALCS, and oddly pleased that the Brewers' season will last at least 18-20 hours longer than New York's, but I won't take joy in her sadness.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Yankees aren't going to loose their clean up hitter for the past 6 years simply because they can't afford him. We're about to witness the end of an era here in Milwaukee. Please excuse my lack of sympathy for the Yankees.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Also, let's give Principessa21 a moment here. She roots for the Yankees for the same kind of reasons we root for the Brewers.

Thanks, Laura. She took it pretty well in stride, but was obviously bummed out. The Yanks had plenty of chances to score in that game. The playoffs seem to be all about hitting w/RISP. You do it, you win. You don't... you don't.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived