Brewer Fanatic

2011 non-Brewers LDS Thread

owbc
I missed it, but what I'm seeing on Twitter is that La Russa ripped into the umpires giving the Phillies a different strike zone during that typically friendly chat with the booth from the dugout. Anyone see it?

l don't know what was more amazing about that interview, Tony LaRussa complaining about two different strike zones (which from what I could see was completely wrong) or Bob Brenley basically saying "I don't disagree with you." I thought LaRussa was a huge whiner before that but that took it to a new level.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm mixed on cheering for the Cards. I live in STL and while it would be great to see the Brewers play in the NLCS (knocks on wood), I don't think I could take them losing to the Cardinals. I literally might have to pack up and move my wife and kids into my parents house in Menomonee Falls.

I can't cheer for the Cardinals. I'm not sold that they are "easier" to beat in the NLCS than the Phillies either. The Cardinals are hot and did just take 5 of 6 from us pretty easily not that long ago. Be nice to have the series go 5, but I want nothing to do with the Cardinals. If we were to lose to them in the NLCS it would be really tough to stomach.

Here's a video and write up about some of the calls the Cardinals took exception with. To me, the only call worth being upset about is the strike three to Utley. But of course the Cardinals find somebody/something to blame.

Link

So basically the strike zone might've been slightly inconsistent, with a couple wrong calls here and there. Sounds like 99% of MLB games played. TLR will never stop topping himself.

Tigers must really not trust their bullpen. Verlander is at 120 pitches in the 8th. He had a rough previous inning but they brought him back out and this after pitching some the other night and warming up. The guy is an animal

My honest opinion is I'll be shocked if Valverde doesn't blow this game.

As for Cardinals vs Phillies, I think it is foolish to not beg for the Cardinals, getting the weaker team and home field advantage would be an easy 10-20% shift in our chances at the world series.

Is it just me or does Sabathia look much heftier recently?

I said this to my wife last night. He has a massive gut. He was never small, but he looks at least 20-30 lbs heavier than when he was here.

I think he has put on weight but I also think they cut the Yankee uniforms in such a way to make heavy guys look heavier. Probably a Steinbrenner thing to get David Wells to lose weight..

I think he has put on weight but I also think they cut the Yankee uniforms in such a way to make heavy guys look heavier. Probably a Steinbrenner thing to get David Wells to lose weight..

I always thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming? /blue

The Rays prove once again that, with the rare exception,* you cannot win with just stellar starting pitching. You must have some semblance of an offense, or a couple of breakout players.

*The 2010 Giants (terrible offense) and 2006 Cardinals (not really good at anything) jump to mind.

Wow. I can't believe the umpires just overturned a call. Schumaker makes a diving catch. It is ruled a trap and the umpires huddle and overturn the call.

LaRussa would probably have huge fines after the game if that wasn't overturned and the Phillies score more runs.

(Replay please)

Its kind of interesting how up and down the cardinals forum is during the last three innings of this game. All doom and gloom after the 3 run homer. All jacked up after the first 1st run. Back to being disgusted after only scoring 1 run. Excited when they loaded up the bases, but absolutely demoralized when Craig grounded into the double play. Morale was at its peak in the 9th only to let out expletives a mile long when they lost in the 9th.

At times, I know people complain about the relative strictness of this forum, but personally I would rather have a well moderated, friendly forum versus the mostly pessimistic "fans" of the cardinals

Hey, whaddaya know, the Cardinals are complaining about something again;

"We can't do anything about it," said Pujols, who had four hits, including three doubles. "We've been talking all year long, there is nothing we can do about it. Maybe if we were the New York Yankees maybe we would have played an 8 [p.m.] game today. It is what it is. I just don't understand when we play a 4 [p.m.] game. The league knows we have tough shadows out there, but there's nothing you can do. They're making their money, they're paying their money. I guess they put the game time however they want it."

Link

Archived