Brewer Fanatic

Jason Heyward?

Apparently, the Braves stupidly are thinking about trading him. Braves are looking for a power bat in right. How about Corey Hart? We'll also kick in prospects. I know I'm dreaming, but they are known to have interest in Hart. I think the Braves are crazy for even entertaining a deal with Heyward.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Apparently, the Braves stupidly are thinking about trading him. Looking for a power bat in right. How about Corey Hart? We'll also kick in prospects. I know I'm dreaming, but they are known to have interest in Hart. I think the Braves are crazy for even entertaining a deal with Heyward.
Did you look at his stats from this year? That "power bat" slugged .389.

Baseball is all about adjusting, The pitchers have found the holes and he's not adjusted. That the Braves are considering dealing him should be a red flag.

He's still very young but he may need a healthy stint in the minors. Interesting idea but definitely risky.

Apparently, the Braves stupidly are thinking about trading him. Looking for a power bat in right. How about Corey Hart? We'll also kick in prospects. I know I'm dreaming, but they are known to have interest in Hart. I think the Braves are crazy for even entertaining a deal with Heyward.
Did you look at his stats from this year? That "power bat" slugged .389.

Baseball is all about adjusting, The pitchers have found the holes and he's not adjusted. That the Braves are considering dealing him should be a red flag.

He's still very young but he may need a healthy stint in the minors. Interesting idea but definitely risky.

No, I mean the Braves are looking for a power bat.

If they want a power bat in right, why not keep Heyward? I can't believe some teams have this little patience with their young players. Heyward was a stud last year at age 21. This year he was hitting pretty much the same as last year until he went on the DL with an injured shoulder. Can't imagine it's easy to hit with an injured shoulder and who knows if it bothered him for the rest of the season.

So yeah, I don't see the Braves trading him but if we could get him for Hart and prospects, I would pull the trigger in a second.

I don't believe this is the Braves not actually having patience with Heyward. Imo this is either a rumor based 100% in speculation, or it's the Braves fishing to see if someone will overpay for Heyward because he has so much team salary control time left.

If a talent like Heyward is actually available, you have to explore it. The guy could have his picture next to "Bat Speed" in the dictionary.

Baseball is all about adjusting, The pitchers have found the holes and he's not adjusted.

I'm sure you've done extensive film study to come to this conclusion, & aren't just making a blanket statement based on season stats.

... or maybe not... ("This year he was hitting pretty much the same as last year until he

went on the DL with an injured shoulder. Can't imagine it's easy to hit

with an injured shoulder and who knows if it bothered him for the rest

of the season."-- trwi7)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

What would it take to get Heyward and one of Atlanta's young starting pitchers like Minor, Delgado, Beachy, or Vizcaino? You start with Hart but who else? Would Randy Wolf interest Atlanta? If so, we'd save a ton of money and could maybe make a last ditch run at Fielder. Wolf/Hart/Gamel for Heyward/Beachy? Just a thought.

What would it take to get Heyward and one of Atlanta's young starting pitchers like Minor, Delgado, Beachy, or Vizcaino? You start with Hart but who else? Would Randy Wolf interest Atlanta? If so, we'd save a ton of money and could maybe make a last ditch run at Fielder. Wolf/Hart/Gamel for Heyward/Beachy? Just a thought.
Not going to happen even with the year Heyward had. Would have to be something like Peralta/Hart/Gamel/Green for Heyward/Beachy.

You never know though. Atlanta has a huge excess of major league ready pitching. It would behoove them not to let their prospects rot away in the minors or the bullpen while there is no room for them (see Mat Gamel). All of their starting pitchers (Lowe, Hudson, Jurgens, and Hanson) are signed through next season and it looks like they have 5 guys who could be the last starter (Beachy, Minor, Tehran, Delgago, and Vizcaino) plus obviously they'd be getting Wolf. Even by 2013 when Lowe and Hudson could leave, that's still 7 starters (Hanson, Jurgens, Minor, Tehran, Delgado, Beachy, Vizcaino) for 5 spots. And they do have Kimbrel and Venters in the pen so you're essentially talking about middle relief for whoever isn't starting. I am very envious of the position they are in but if I were an Atlanta fan, I'd be calling for our GM to trade one of them now while their value may be at its highest to fill a position of need, which is apparently outfield. Atlanta was hot after Corey Hart last season and he had another good year this year AND is signed for two more years. I have no idea what their third base situation is like but Chipper Jones isn't getting any younger so Gamel might appeal to them.

As far as your offer, I think you are undervaluing Wily Peralta. He dominated AAA through 5 starts as a 22 year old and I hear he consistently sits in the mid to high 90's. His control improved immensely this year as well. As far as Milwaukee is concerned, he should be considered as untouchable as they come. I wouldn't give up Peralta and Hart for Heyward and Beachy straight up, let alone include Green AND Gamel. But if they insist on a pitching prospect back, I'd be ok with giving up anyone other than Peralta and Thornburg (I'm thinking Scarpetta or Heckathorn). It all depends on how Atlanta feels about Heyward and what their plan is for the logjam of starting pitchers.

The Heyward rumors are the same ones that were around like last year with Justin Upton. He is available but you are going to have to give up your #1,2,3,4, and #5 prospects to get him. My proposal wouldn't even get an answer just a laugh as that wouldn't even be enough for Atlanta to move just Heyward let alone having another young pitching prospect in the mix.

My proposal wouldn't even get an answer just a laugh as that

wouldn't even be enough for Atlanta to move just Heyward let alone

having another young pitching prospect in the mix.

With all due respect I think you are nuts. You are saying that if you were Atlanta you wouldn't trade Heyward for Hart, Gamel, Green, AND Peralta?

With all due respect I think you are nuts. You are saying that if you were Atlanta you wouldn't trade Heyward for Hart, Gamel, Green, AND Peralta?

No I wouldn't as Hart is to old and costs a lot the only good prospect coming my way would be Peralta. Both Green and Gamel have huge question marks. I would want something better than Green and Gamel along with Peralta for Heyward. Both Green and Gamel look to be average to below average respectively at their positions they would be at. Also unless Gamel can play the OF and he really hasn't shown he can yet I would have nowhere to play him as Freeman is 10 times better than Gamel. Green is interesting but at best he will be just above average at 3B. Really the only good player coming back that I would be able to use in Atlanta would be Peralta as Green and Gamel really are not top of the line prospects or players. I would not trade Heyward for anything less than at least three top prospects and I don't see the Brewers having that talent to give up.

Heyward got hyped as the second coming a week into his rookie year. That happens with toolsy guys. But you can't get caught up in the hype and over pay for a guy like that. Some turn out to be Corey Patterson. Atlanta fans are down on him because they watched him all year hit .218 with RISP. Yeah he was just 21 and that needs to be kept in mind, but he's obviously got things to work on. He's clearly not a middle of the order bat that can be counted on right now. He's also used up 2 of his pre-arby years, and he'd be eligible for FA at age 26. By the time he puts it all together, he may be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

No I wouldn't as Hart is to old and costs a lot the only good prospect coming my way would be Peralta. Both Green and Gamel have huge question marks. I would want something better than Green and Gamel along with Peralta for Heyward. Both Green and Gamel look to be average to below average respectively at their positions they would be at. Also unless Gamel can play the OF and he really hasn't shown he can yet I would have nowhere to play him as Freeman is 10 times better than Gamel. Green is interesting but at best he will be just above average at 3B. Really the only good player coming back that I would be able to use in Atlanta would be Peralta as Green and Gamel really are not top of the line prospects or players. I would not trade Heyward for anything less than at least three top prospects and I don't see the Brewers having that talent to give up.

After the 2010 season maybe, after last year no way on earth you give that up for Heyward. Hart too old? He is 29 and coming off back to back 25+ HR, 860 OPS years. If Atlanta is down on Heyward at all I could almost see a straight up trade Hart for Heyward. I think you underestimate the trade value of Hart right now.

I think you underestimate Heyward's talent and value to the Braves.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

http://www.mlbtraderumors...ard-chipper-coaches.html

This is why I started this thread. Apparently some people in their organization think they should trade Heyward. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he gets dealt. The Braves have been rumored to have interest in Hart for quite awhile too.

http://www.mlbtraderumors...ard-chipper-coaches.html

This is why I started this thread. Apparently some people in their organization think they should trade Heyward. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he gets dealt. The Braves have been rumored to have interest in Hart for quite awhile too.

Except Hart wouldn't be enough to get Heyward. You are looking at giving up a top 25 prospect in all of baseball to get Heyward which the Brewers have none of. Hart is already showing signs of decline and he is 29. That is at 29 when he is showing signs of decline. If the Braves see Hart as a 1B then he has absolutely ZERO value to the Braves as Freeman is 100x better than Hart. I just do not see any reason why the Braves would trade with the Brewers especially a Hart for Heyward swap. Maybe a Heyward for Gallardo swap would be even but I am not sure the Braves would even take that offer.

stupid rumor started by the stupid media trying to invent a stupid story....

Wrenn said Heyward is going no where.....

trading a talent like Heyward is the kind of move that gets GM's fired.....

Braves offseason objectives:

1) need a big righthanded bat in LF ....may deal Prado who would look good at 3B in Milwaukee; look at Prado's 2010 numbers when he was healthy; he played hurt most of last year while also learning a new position (LF) ...

2) may offer Jurrjens & Prado for #1, if it can land them the right bat

3) find a sucker to take Lowe....might have to do a bad contract for bad contract trade

4) bullpen depth.....they wore out the young arms in their bullpen & can't let that happen again ....

5) SS ....prospects are a year or two away so they need a veteran SS to bridge the gap....they may still resign Gonzalez, fine glove but want more offense

6) keeping Hanson & Jurrjens healthy would solve most problems

stupid rumor started by the stupid media trying to invent a stupid story....

Wrenn said Heyward is going no where.....

trading a talent like Heyward is the kind of move that gets GM's fired.....

Braves offseason objectives:

1) need a big righthanded bat in LF ....may deal Prado who would look good at 3B in Milwaukee; look at Prado's 2010 numbers when he was healthy; he played hurt most of last year while also learning a new position (LF) ...

2) may offer Jurrjens & Prado for #1, if it can land them the right bat

3) find a sucker to take Lowe....might have to do a bad contract for bad contract trade

4) bullpen depth.....they wore out the young arms in their bullpen & can't let that happen again ....

5) SS ....prospects are a year or two away so they need a veteran SS to bridge the gap....they may still resign Gonzalez, fine glove but want more offense

6) keeping Hanson & Jurrjens healthy would solve most problems

Yep.

Exactly right.

Archived