Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park for the Playoffs

H4P

I was looking through other threads and couldn't find a good place for this. Not sure if it's worthy of a new topic but..

What time do the parking lots open?

What time do the gates open?

What ways are people taking to get there?

What are your plans before and after the game?

I thought it might be good to have a place to discuss all things going on before and after the game.

Lots open 3 hours before game. Gates open 2 hours before. Need a pass to park. Otherwise go with a bar shuttle. Personally, I'll be tailgating before and going to the Badger game after. Going for the doubleheader.

That's one heck of a sports day. It would really be pretty difficult to match a day like that in terms of attending 2 live sporting events that have such large implications for each team. Have a good time-- I imagine there are a few others out there who are doing the double dip; I envy you.

Lots open 3 hours before game. Gates open 2 hours before. Need a pass to park. Otherwise go with a bar shuttle. Personally, I'll be tailgating before and going to the Badger game after. Going for the doubleheader.

You actually don't need a pass to park. On the day of the game, parking is $35 for Preferred and $25 for General. Its first come, first served. As long as you get to the parking lot early you will have no problem parking.

That's one heck of a sports day. It would really be pretty difficult to match a day like that in terms of attending 2 live sporting events that have such large implications for each team. Have a good time-- I imagine there are a few others out there who are doing the double dip; I envy you.

Yeah, have had tickets to the Badger game for awhile now, so I figured if it was a day game on Saturday for the Brewer game that I'd give it a shot. Any later than a 1 PM start and I don't know if I could've pulled it off. Hoping for a well pitched game that the Brewers win, so I get to the Badger game in plenty of time. Should be an epic day.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

You actually don't need a pass to park. On the day of the game, parking is $35 for Preferred and $25 for General. Its first come, first served. As long as you get to the parking lot early you will have no problem parking.

They already sold a certain number of passes. They aren't going to sell out the lots with cash payers if they have hundreds or thousands of people with passes who haven't arrived yet. They'll likely make an announcement very, very early after they allow a certain amount of non-passholders in that if you don't have a pass, you're SOL to allow for those with pre-bought passes.

Yeah, have had tickets to the Badger game for awhile now, so I figured if it was a day game on Saturday for the Brewer game that I'd give it a shot. Any later than a 1 PM start and I don't know if I could've pulled it off. Hoping for a well pitched game that the Brewers win, so I get to the Badger game in plenty of time. Should be an epic day.
I'm doing the same! I'm a student at UW so leaving Madison early to get to Milwaukee and I'm hoping I can make it back in time for kickoff, the problem for me will be parking because I live on Chadbourne right off of Breese Terrace and we sell our driveway to a family to park, so it will be tough fighting traffic not being able to park at my place.

I'm doing the same! I'm a student at UW so leaving Madison early to get to Milwaukee and I'm hoping I can make it back in time for kickoff, the problem for me will be parking because I live on Chadbourne right off of Breese Terrace and we sell our driveway to a family to park, so it will be tough fighting traffic not being able to park at my place.

Yeah, my brother goes there. We park on his driveway on Randall, so it's convenient.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Your best bets if you don't want to pay to park are probably parking off of National or Blue Mound and walking in, finding a bar that has a shuttle or riding your bike in (my personal favorite). I'm guessing there might be a bus that runs down Canal and drops you off pretty close too, but I'm not sure on that one.

I work at the VA where I know people park during the regular season. I spoke with the VA cops last night and they will be out in force ticketing anyone who is not an employee. He said they let it go for the most part during the regular season but won't be this weekend.

Aaaaahhhhhh...........to be young and childless again..........

I work at the VA where I know people park during the regular season. I spoke with the VA cops last night and they will be out in force ticketing anyone who is not an employee. He said they let it go for the most part during the regular season but won't be this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up H4P! I'm one of those sneeky little devils that parks in the VA from time to time. Most likely doing the Bluemound route this weekend.

I'll also be doing the double dip. My buddy from out of state just happened to schedule his trip this weekend and he doesn't have anything like this where he is from so we figured he needed to do it.

Anyone have any thoughts on which lot would be best for trying to get our right away to head back to Madison ASAP?

From Tom Haudricourt

First pitch, anthem details for Brewers

The Brewers just released the details for their first pitch and

national anthem before Game 1 of the NLDS on Saturday vs. Arizona, and

they are hardly surprising.

Hall of fame broadcaster Bob Uecker will throw out the ceremonial

first pitch and the anthem will be performed by Joe Attanasio, father of

team owner Mark Attanasio.

Joe Attanasio has sung the anthem before the home opener each season as well as before the first home playoff game in 2008.

Here are other details for the game Saturday:

PARKING LOTS: The Miller Park parking lots will open at 10 a.m. Fans should plan to arrive early.

GATE TIMES: Gates to Miller Park will open at 11 a.m.

RALLY TOWELS: All fans in attendance will be given a Brewers Rally Towel upon entry, courtesy of U.S. Cellular.

GAME TIME: The first pitch of the game is scheduled for 1:07 p.m. CT. It will be televised exclusively on TBS.

MILLER PARK ROOF: The roof position is determined by Major

League Baseball after conferring with the Brewers on weather conditions.

No final decision will be made until the day of each game. Fans and

media may call the Brewers roof hotline tomorrow morning for the latest

update (414-902-4636).

BREWERS TEAM STORE BY MAJESTIC: The Brewers Team Store by

Majestic and Brewers Team Store at the Home Plate Gate will both open at

10 a.m. There will also be satellite merchandise locations throughout

the Miller Park parking lots. The stores will be open until 8 p.m. or

an hour after the game ends.

NLDS COMMEMORATIVE GAME PROGRAM: A limited number of Milwaukee

Brewers 2011 NLDS Game Programs will be available for $8 at Miller Park

this weekend. Each game program is individually numbered. There are

four different covers.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If you're not tailgating, get there a couple hours early and park on Wisconsin. If you are tailgating, park in the north lot and sprint to your car after the game.

I almost exclusively used the lots off of canal to the east. What is the entrance for the north lots? Off bluemound?

I imagine some people might be cutting it close getting from MIL to MAD. It is about 90 minutes normally; but having to fight traffic and parking on both ends could make getting in the stadium by 7 pretty difficult. People better bust there butts out to there cars after the game is done.

Archived