Brewer Fanatic

Playoff parking

AZBrewCrew

[quote author=Patrick425 wrote:

[/b] It's really not that hard to know how many parking spots you have, how many you sold, and how many are left...and then turn away anyone who attempts to enter the parking lot after all spots are sold (whether the lot's actually full or not).

Right, you'd think. I just don't honestly see them setting aside spaces for people with advance passes that might show up right before or right at game time.

LaprilOne, thanks for offering the parking passes. Hopefully, you got a taker. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Because your posts contain a phone number, I'm going to hide them when they're no longer relevant. Because the Trading Post is hidden from bots that crawl the Internet, it's a much safer place to post phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

jhart05[/b]]
MilBrewCrew28[/b]]So I am driving from Green Bay Saturday morning to go to the game. From my understanding you can only purchase parking passes from the ticket office at Miller Park. My question is how am I going to get a parking pass without getting in line to park? Just get there super early? Are there even going to be any left on gameday? Where do people park if you can't get a pass?

I would go to one of the many bars on Bluemound and take a shuttle into the game.

Find a bar that looks good to you. Park around there. Grab a drink or some food, then hop on the shuttle.

I've been going to Rounding Third on 63rd this year, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. Kelly's, Long Wongs, Steve's, Mo's, etc... They all have shuttles.

Of course if you are attending the game with younger kids (not sure if you are) this is probably not the best of options since several of the patrons on the bus (especially on the way back) will be younger men who have probably over-imbibed and who's favorite adjective is the "f-bomb" .

You know Patrick...when I read this originally I thought,

even though I also have a young child, that 'big deal', nothin' my kid

hasn't really heard before...But after what I experienced tonight, I

really need to apologize for being so flippant.

I took my daughter to the game and parked on Wisconsin, planning to

take the Derry's Pub shuttle to and fro. However I over-estimated how bad traffic would be and we were too early for the shuttles. On the

way past Kelly's Bleachers the driver mentioned I could get a pass for

the ride back if we just wanted to walk to the park....

So we

walked there and I could tell it was a little too long of a walk so was

glad I had the pass...Until I experienced the ride back.

We got

on and didn't get a seat (expected) so I stood and clutched my daughter

pretty tight by me. Because of all the people the road they must usually

take was blocked and we got rerouted on the Interstate. The driver was

expressing his displeasure with expletives and the passengers followed

suit. The only acknowledgment to my daughter was made by a woman who

just gave me an 'oh well' look.

My whole thought process at the

time was, 'I really have to expect this when we use a bar shuttle as

transportation' and I still feel that way to a certain extent. But at

the same time, they ALL saw me get on the bus with a child. Can't you

tone it down a little? The driver was probably the worst. Even the fans

at the game that swore from time to time apologized every time.

I

never said anything, and I'm rather upset with myself now that I

didn't. On the walk to our car after our bus ride my daughter literally

broke down. She was scared, sick to her stomach from standing during the

ride, and vowed to me she was, in her words, "Never going to ride that

stupid Kelly's Bleachers shuttle again." Now, this was after a long,

long, day so I think her emotions were starting to get the best of her,

she fell asleep 15 minutes into the ride home.

I KNOW that back

in 'the day' I would've been one of the swearing drunks, but I really

hope if I knew there was a kid on there I would've shut it for 10

minutes.

I'm now officially old and no fun. I know it was my fault for taking that shuttle. Should've taken Patrick's warning to heart.

Apart

from this, that was the most fun I've had with her at a game. She

actually 'called' Braunie's homer and was one of the more energetic

towel twisters. We had a great time. Hopefully my bad decision won't

cost a good memory for her.

I really think that times are different. There seems to be this general feeling today that using the F-bomb or whatever other explicative is acceptable at anytime and in any type of crowd. My son is now 13, so I'm not quite as sensitive to it as I use to be, but I still do not get the need to talk like that. My son now understands that people who feel the need to talk like that come across as morons. Maybe if you stub your toe or hit your funny bone or something it comes out as a natural reaction, but to pepper it in your daily speech like it's just any another word doesn't make any sense and is a reflection on your intelligence imho.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So we walked there and I could tell it was a little too long of a walk so was glad I had the pass...

It's like 0.8 mile, which is maybe a 20 minute walk for an adult. Unless it's raining, I don't understand why people who are able to walk don't just walk...or maybe that is the problem, they do walk, leaving only drunks and those with small children on the bus?

I really was surprised how short of a walk it was. We used to walk all the time when County Stadium was around. I thought the walk was longer when all the Miller Park stuff was done but it's really not. And I asked my daughter if she could handle the walk back just because I knew it was going to be hard getting a shuttle. But she was pretty beat.

I was more tolerant of the situation at the time just because I knew, twenty years ago, I probably acted just like that. And heck, I still do sometimes when I go out. I just don't do the drinking thing at sporting events very much anymore. I want to enjoy the game itself.

We talked this morning about it and she was still upset about it. But it was more anger than anything about how everyone was acting, which made me happier, if that makes any sense. Didn't want it to ruin a great time. She talked mostly about how she called Braunie's homer in the 1st.

Archived