Brewer Fanatic

2011 Brewers Slideshow - Need help with season's best moments

brwrsfan

Hey....for those of you that frequent the lambeua leap boards, you may recall that I like to mess around and create slideshows in my spare time. I made one for every Packers playoff game last year. You can watch them here if you'd like (the SB one is the best I think):

http://lambeauleap.yuku.com?topic=1471/Playoff-Game-Slideshows

I'm considering doing one for the entire 2011 Brewers season. It's a lot harder in baseball though as there are so many games, so many photos, so many moments, etc. I should be able to access radio highlights from virtually any game. You guys think it's worth the time? And if so....I need some help. I watched almost every game this year but a lot of it blurs together. What would be your top ten moments of the Brewers season so far?

A few that jump to the front of my mind:

1) Braun's 3-run homer in the division clinching game + his diving catch double-play

2) Plush's walkoff hit where he didn't know it was the 9th inning.

3) Hart/McGehee/Prince 3-homer games

4) Kottaras' cycle

5) Prince's walk-off homer in extras vs. Colorado

6) Triple play (I believe that whole game had a bunch of great defensive plays)

7) McGehee's pinch-hit 3-run homer against the D-Backs (July 6)

8) Braun's pinch-hit go-ahead homer in 9th against Marlins

9) Yuni/Weeks behind the back double play

10) Marcum's grand salami

Several games I can think of for consideration

Huge comebackvs the Mets.

Kotsay walkoff.

Braun = godto clinch it

McGehee HR to beatthe Cubs

Betancourt and Fielder bothhit HRs in extras to tie/win it

Scoring 3 in bottom of 9th to beatCordero

Counsell and Kotsay beatCordero in bottom of 9th, 2nd time in 3 games

Score 5 in 8th/9th to beatMinny in midst of huge losing streak.

Huge win in the 10th to go up 4 on STL

Brewers win 1-0 vs PIT, Axford strandsa leadoff triple in the top of 9th. And I was there!

EDIT - sorry for any overlap above as I was looking for these...

No, it's fine. Just looking to gather the moments, see what people think. I'm not even sure how this will work out for a baseball one as it's the whole season, not just one game. So we'll see if I even do it but thanks for the help. Keep them coming!

Just off the top of my head the T-Plush bases loaded go ahead double that he tickled off of Carpenter needs to be in there.

http://www.baseball-refer...s/MIL/MIL201108010.shtml

Gallardo winning our first game with a shutout, 1-0.

and Gallardo taking a no-hitter into the 8th to stop our 7 game losing streak.

http://www.baseball-refer...s/SLN/SLN201105070.shtml

Most of the things I would mention have already been mentioned, but Prince's HR/Gomez's catch that helped us overtake the Cardinals on June 12 definitely rate high on my list, too.

I'd also say Greinke's home run and Yo's home run, along with miscellaneous pictures of beast mode would be good, too.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yeah, the NFL is a lot more protective of its audio than MLB is. I did the best with what I could on those Packer ones. It'll take me a bit to put this all together but I'll start working on it next week. Keep posting the moments, I'll start gathering everything.

This thread has made me realize that for being a team that isn't very good defensively, the Brewers have pulled off a ton of incredible plays this year.

Yuni-Rickie DP was #4 on ESPN's top ten list, and I'm not sure Marcum's play was on the list. I honestly hadn't seen Marcum's play until this thread (I just couldn't find the video of it), but that's pretty incredible as well.

Agreed on the Counsell Crush.

A great way to remember some of the top moments of the season is to go to a given player's MLB.com/Brewers.com player profile page. Over each player's profile picture, there are two video highlight clips; click "More Video", a link included next to both video clips. That takes you to said player's career video highlights page, ordered chronologically. Fun stuff to sift through when you have some free time.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'd add the sweep of the Cardinals in June. I think that was a defining series for the Brewers this year. The crowd seemed to just anticipate Fielder's home run on Sunday, chanted "sweep" through the whole 9th inning. It was one of the most remarkable weekends really.

http://milwaukee.brewers....mlb_1&mode=wrap&c_id=mlb

Archived