Brewer Fanatic

Lots of tickets available for games in Phoenix (Merged with "NLDS Games 3 and 4 : Roll Call")

1992casey
The economy has hit them so hard, they might have to weigh watching the game on a 46" TV instead of a 50". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Don't let the economy be an excuse for a historically pathetic fanbase. It's the playoffs. Nobody should struggle to sell out a playoff game regardless of the economy.

Yeah, things were much better in 2007, but I remember Arizona still had trouble selling out any playoff games, and Cubs and Rockies fans were numerous at Chase Field.

I went to a Brewers-Diamondbacks game in Phoenix in late August 2007. Arizona was in first at the time and the stadium was at best 50% full. It doesn't matter how the economy's doing, Arizona doesn't really care about their professional sports in general.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be attending game 3 and 4 (if needed). I just hope my flight from MSP doesnt get delayed since I am flying back the 4th. I would recommend avoiding Jacksons on 3rd, its really gone downhill as of late and the clientele have become a little more shady as well. Sliders is good, albeit a bit overpriced, but it is literally 300 feet from the ballpark entrance. Also, if you get there early enough and are a fan of Mexican food, I would go check out the TeePee Tap Room, its just south of the ballpark, they have great chips and salsa and their food is pretty good as well. If you are parking down by Chase Field expect to pay around $20 for any of the city owned garages. I would imagine most of the lots around the ballpark will be in the $15-20 range as well.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I will be attending game 3 and 4 (if needed). I just hope my flight from MSP doesnt get delayed since I am flying back the 4th. I would recommend avoiding Jacksons on 3rd, its really gone downhill as of late and the clientele have become a little more shady as well. Sliders is good, albeit a bit overpriced, but it is literally 300 feet from the ballpark entrance. Also, if you get there early enough and are a fan of Mexican food, I would go check out the TeePee Tap Room, its just south of the ballpark, they have great chips and salsa and their food is pretty good as well. If you are parking down by Chase Field expect to pay around $20 for any of the city owned garages. I would imagine most of the lots around the ballpark will be in the $15-20 range as well.
I am not sure if this is accurate but the rates that I have seen for the Heritage Park garage shows that it is $10/day or $12/event. The Heritage Park garage isn't that long of a walk about 5 min I believe looking at the map here.

the more I read this thread, the more I wanna say, "Screw it, I'm going!"

To those that bought LF bleacher seats front row--they're awesome. We sat front row in LF and RF in July when the Crew was there (as well as in "good seats" by the dugout the other two games--which they lost. Never doing that again. . . .)

Chase Field is indeed a huge ballpark. I think the upper deck alone holds as many fans as the other parts of the park combined, but I think that's fairly common, as someone alluded to earlier.

I would just go to Sliders since it's so close. And the light rail can't be any easier, really.

If you really want a challenge (or are really bored), look for my memorial brick that I paid for in 1997 when I first moved here. It has my username on it. Hint: It's near the "machine."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

To those that bought LF bleacher seats front row--they're awesome. We sat front row in LF and RF in July when the Crew was there (as well as in "good seats" by the dugout the other two games--which they lost. Never doing that again. . . .)
Great news about the LF bleacher seats. I have never liked sitting behind or by the dugout especially at Miller Park I have never liked the views from there. I have always preferred the ones farther down the base line or behind the plate. I haven't sat in the bleachers since the Brewers played at County Stadium and that was when Molitor and Yount were still on the team.

Here are a couple of pictures I took in July from the game. The first one is the view from the first couple rows in left field and the second one is a view from the concourse.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/IMG_0162-2.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/IMG_0164-1.jpg

pitchleague, is this the machine you were talking about?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/IMG_0158-1.jpg

I was down there visiting family in late March of 2002 and we phoned in and got tickets for the opener the day before the game. They were handing out plastic replica rings which I think is what got it anywhere near full capacity.

I agree on the fanbase in cities like this. You have so many transplants and older people that aren't going to go to too many games.

I never really blame these fanbases for their lack of support. I think you give them another 20-30 years and they'll start to have kids that grew up there that weren't completely influenced by their Yankee or Cub-loving parents.

pitchleague, is this the machine you were talking about?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/IMG_0158-1.jpg

that's the one.

Nice pictures. Depending on which game it was, your first picture just barely cuts my wife and I off on the foul line side of your shot--front row. I think I remember those kids on the edge of your picture.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It doesn't matter how the economy's doing, Arizona doesn't really care about their professional sports in general.
A few years ago, I recall reading a message board account from a fan who sat near a woman that complained to a Chase usher about a kid near her making too much noise. The noise made it difficult for her to concentrate on her book. The usher asked the kid's parents to keep him quiet. None of the people who posted replies was surprised; they could all envision that happening.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We were at the last game of the series where Greinke pitched and the Crew lost 4-0. My friend and I were just going to go watch the Crew in San Francisco but we decided to fly into Phoenix on Thursday first and watch the Crew before flying up to San Fran. Chase Field is a really nice stadium, but just doesn't compare to AT&T Park, has to be one of the nicest stadiums in baseball.

Man is this tempting. Have a friend in Phoenix who's already offered to go to the games with me, let me stay with her and the use of her car, which was enough to convince me to check out ticket prices. $300+ out of Milwaukee

now taking donations of Frequent Flier miles!

It doesn't matter how the economy's doing, Arizona doesn't really care about their professional sports in general.
A few years ago, I recall reading a message board account from a fan who sat near a woman that complained to a Chase usher about a kid near her making too much noise. The noise made it difficult for her to concentrate on her book. The usher asked the kid's parents to keep him quiet. None of the people who posted replies was surprised; they could all envision that happening.
Happened to me this summer during the series in July. I cant recall which game it was, but we were ahead and my buddy and I started the "Lets Go Brewers" chant and got some other Brewer fans to join in with us, long story short this guy went and complained to the usher that we were "cheering too loud and disrupting the fan experience". Really???? I hope that guy doesnt come to Miller Park this weekend, because its going to be loud!
Formerly AirShuttle6104

The economy has hit them so hard, they might have to weigh watching the game on a 46" TV instead of a 50". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Don't let the economy be an excuse for a historically pathetic fanbase. It's the playoffs. Nobody should struggle to sell out a playoff game regardless of the economy.

Yeah, things were much better in 2007, but I remember Arizona still had trouble selling out any playoff games, and Cubs and Rockies fans were numerous at Chase Field.

In '07 I was in Phoenix for work during the playoffs - ended up walking up and getting tickets no problem. Might do the same this year as I'm only a five hr drive away.

First off if this is in the wrong spot mods please move it.

I am a transplant into the phoenix area for a couple years now. I am just wondering how many people are going to the games in Phoenix?

I'll be at both (assuming a game 4). Upper deck for game 3, left field bleachers for game 4.

Give a shout out if you are going!!

Also, Milwaukee enjoy the atmosphere because AZ is not a baseball town. We have a playoff team and very little buzz. I mean we can't even sell out and I got tickets below face value.

I travel a lot for work but unfortunately Arizona isn't an area I travel to. Despite that, I did spend the past couple days figuring out an excuse for me to go in that area for work. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with anything. On a good note, it is officially Saturday and the Brewers have a playoff game today!!!!

I'll be there for game 3.

I have tickets in 201 row 1 seat 1 & 2, and then 4 tickets in 302 row 19...

I really wish they'd say what time the game is, as this is crucial for deciding who's going with me. Night game preferred, but I'm going either way.

It's really inconvenient not knowing the time, there's a lot of juggling around at work to be done. I wonder if I'll know before Tuesday.

Also, it's sorta sad that there's no buzz here. I don't know whether to chalk it up as just not a baseball town, or everyone has another allegiance. (like me)

I suppose for me that's fine because no sellouts means easy tickets, but jeez, in a town this big you'd figure 43,000 of these folks might like the dbacks..

Makes for nice arizona fall league games though.. with 300 in attendance, front row is guaranteed at the games!

Archived