Brewer Fanatic

Lots of tickets available for games in Phoenix (Merged with "NLDS Games 3 and 4 : Roll Call")

1992casey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1992casey[/b]]If you want to go to games in Phoenix, there are lots of tickets available on the Diamondbacks official site.

That's a shame and was also one of the reasons I wasn't necessarily rooting for Tampa Bay to get the WC over Boston (Tampa doesn't support their team either). When I watch the playoffs I like to see packed stadiums full of fans that really care about their teams, even if it is one of the "evil" franchises like Boston or NY.

Also, I really wish Milwaukee had a ticket purchase web site like AZ does where you can actually pick your section and seat location. Do most teams have this? That's sweet.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That's a shame and was also one of the reasons I wasn't necessarily rooting for Tampa Bay to get the WC over Boston (Tampa doesn't support their team either). When I watch the playoffs I like to see packed stadiums full of fans that really care about their teams, even if it is one of the "evil" franchises like Boston or NY.
Until recently, Arizona was in danger of finishing with the worst attendance in franchise history. Tampa' Bays attendance is in the top half when compared its previous seasons. Also, the Diamondbacks were in a pennant race all year. For most of the year, it looked like the Rays had no chance.

Additionally, the Rays play in a dungeon in a part of town that's difficult to access. The Diamondbacks play in a beautiful stadium that's convenient.

Unlike the Diamondbacks, the Rays are acting like they expect sellouts. The Rays' ticketing page requires registration to ensure "an efficient and fair ticket ordering process." It also offers the ability to guarantee seats with 2012 season ticket purchases. You see nothing like that on Arizona's page.

I agree with your observation, though. I like to root for teams whose fans support them.

Diamondbacks Attendance History

Rays Attendance History

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Phoenix area has been hit hard by the bad economy. The housing crisis hit especially hard out there. Property values have plummeted to the point where many, many people are under water on their mortgages.

I honestly don't blame people if they don't want to pay to sit in the nosebleed seats. You get to a certain age (and a lot in Phoenix and Tampa/St. Pete are at that age), and you start to weigh the value of seeing the game on a 50 inch high def TV for free over paying to sit in the upper reaches of a stadium. It's a no-brainer.

1992casey[/b]]If you want to go to games in Phoenix, there are lots of tickets available on the Diamondbacks official site.

Also, I really wish Milwaukee had a ticket purchase web site like AZ does where you can actually pick your section and seat location. Do most teams have this? That's sweet.

I think almost all sports teams have this ... the Brewers are the only ones I know with this out dated system ... I don't get it. You would think MLB would just have ownership on that technology and all teams would use the same platform.

The economy has hit them so hard, they might have to weigh watching the game on a 46" TV instead of a 50". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Don't let the economy be an excuse for a historically pathetic fanbase. It's the playoffs. Nobody should struggle to sell out a playoff game regardless of the economy.

The economy has hit them so hard, they might have to weigh watching the game on a 46" TV instead of a 50". http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Don't let the economy be an excuse for a historically pathetic fanbase. It's the playoffs. Nobody should struggle to sell out a playoff game regardless of the economy.

Yeah, things were much better in 2007, but I remember Arizona still had trouble selling out any playoff games, and Cubs and Rockies fans were numerous at Chase Field.

I'd go but weeknight/day games during the school week for an LDS won't fly with my principal (although she's going to one of them). Probably has something to do with the fact that we're definitely going to Milwaukee for a week if the Crew goes all the way.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For those of you that are in more central/western WI, I Believe Sun Country still has a $99 each way fare between Minneapolis and Phoenix. Also FWIW, the Dbacks did a ticket lottery this year similar to what Milwaukee has been doing for Opening Day for several years. I "won" the lottery, but then again according to most of my friends they "won" as well too. There are several billboards around town advertising the fact that they have the "cheapest seats in the playoffs". I hope to see plenty of Brewers blue on Tuesday and Wednesday (if nec)
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I'm going on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday depending on the game time. Wish they would hurry up and announce it. I've been to Chase Field and sat in the bleachers in LF. They are good seats. Check out this link, http://arizona.diamondbac...park/seating_pricing.jsp you can click on a section and see what the view is like from that section. Hope to see lots of Brewer blue at the game. I was wondering if anyone was organizing a meet up or if people were trying to get seats in a certain section? Really sad that less than a week before a playoff game there are whole sections to choose from. I really can't encourage people to come out enough. The weather is great and the seats are cheap.

I'm going on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday depending on the game time. Wish they would hurry up and announce it. I've been to Chase Field and sat in the bleachers in LF. They are good seats. Check out this link, http://arizona.diamondbac...park/seating_pricing.jsp you can click on a section and see what the view is like from that section. Hope to see lots of Brewer blue at the game. I was wondering if anyone was organizing a meet up or if people were trying to get seats in a certain section? Really sad that less than a week before a playoff game there are whole sections to choose from. I really can't encourage people to come out enough. The weather is great and the seats are cheap.

Thanks for the link that helped a lot. I am going to be sitting in the LF Bleachers just ordered my tickets off of stub hub for about $45 front row in section 143. Hopefully Braun, Weeks, or Hart hit a home run and I can catch it.

I must comment on how cheap that was to get playoff tickets. I think in '08 I paid more for about the same location albeit a lot higher up at Miller Park.

No tailgating but there are a few bars nearby. Jacksons on Third (recent bad reviews, went there years ago and it was fun), Alice Cooperstown, Majerle's, Coach and Willies, Sliders American Grill (right outside stadium) and Fridays. I hear good things about Coach and Willies and I've been to Alice Cooperstown a few times and it's great. Both places will be crowded though. One bit of advice for people coming in from out of town is to look into riding the light rail. I'm going to try it, lots of people have told me its a great idea. Won't have to deal with traffic coming out of there and it is walking distance from the stadium. Also gives you some extra time to make sure you are sober before driving. I'm sure no one is planning on driving drunk but just a heads up, AZ DUI laws are STRICT and the penalties are brutal. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-8679233

I'm planning on going to Sliders or Cooperstown, wherever I can get a table.

Maybe a question better suited for another thread but has anyone been to Chase Field? Has anyone sat in the bleachers in RF or LF?
I was just at Chase field in July watching the Brewers and DBacks. We sat down the third base line in the outfield probably 3 rows up and the view was great. We also watched batting practice from the left field bleachers and it seemed like a pretty good view to me. Chase Field kind of reminded me of Miller Park the way it was designed, but the upper deck also seemed massive, especially with all the open seats.

I think the upper deck is okay if you're near the infield. Probably true of any stadium though. Whenever I buy tickets for a game I make such an effort to get seats as close to the field as possible and then I get there and realize I would have been okay in cheaper seats too.

Chase Field kind of reminded me of Miller Park the way it was designed, but the upper deck also seemed massive, especially with all the open seats.

Chase holds several thousand more fans than Miller. Generally, ballparks with larger capacities have more seats in the cheap areas. That probably partially explains the massiveness of Chase's upper deck.

Because additional seats tend to be far away, they aren't that cost effective to build into the structure. That's a likely reason why most ballparks don't hold as many fans as Chase does.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived