Brewer Fanatic

Division Series - Dates, Times, Locations

Bombers
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J-S article says:

Game 3 on Tuesday in Phoenix will be at 8:37 p.m.; Game 4 there on Wednesday would be at 8:37 p.m. unless it is the only game that night, moving it up to 7:07 p.m. Game 5 on Friday at Miller Park would be at 4:07 p.m.

Odd that it would specifically mention Wed. game time possibly changing (which now will not), but not Friday's.

J-S article says:

Game 3 on Tuesday in Phoenix will be at 8:37 p.m.; Game 4 there on Wednesday would be at 8:37 p.m. unless it is the only game that night, moving it up to 7:07 p.m. Game 5 on Friday at Miller Park would be at 4:07 p.m.

Odd that it would specifically mention Wed. game time possibly changing (which now will not), but not Friday's.

Best argument yet for making sure this thing doesn't get to Game 5.

I'm trying to figure out why the Yankee game is starting at 8:30 eastern time and not 7:30? I realize it's in Detroit, but that really should not make a difference considering the start times of the TB and StL games.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

TBS likely doesn't want the two biggest market games to overlap. 7:30 would only allow 2 1/2 hours for the Philly/St. Louis game until they overlap. Brewers/DBacks is at the bottom of the market pool.

I thought about that, but really? Instead of having games overlap for maybe an half hour, they choose to have games overlaping for possibly 2 hours because of market sizes?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't know why they couldn't start TEX/TB at 1 pm ET/12 pm CT and bump every other game up by an hour. The 8:37 pm local starts are curious, considering the recent efforts to start World Series games before 8 pm ET.

It's one thing to start an NBA Finals game at 9 pm ET in June, quite another to start 3.5 hr+ October baseball games at 8:37 ET.

If this were the cussing thread at the other board, I would tell you what I really think about 8:37 start times. Really, what percentage of fans will watch all 4 games, necessitating spacing the times out like this? I know that when the Brewers aren't in the playoffs, I pick only one game that I'll watch each day, and I care about baseball more than 90% of the population.

Tonight's game at 8:37 central is the normal start time for a weeknight game in AZ, of course I'd rather have it start earlier but I have no problem with having at the normal time for a game in AZ. Starting at 8:37 local time is another matter.

Did anyone else catch Albert complaining yet again? I only saw it on ESPN tonight, don't have a link at the moment. He complained that MLB should've started the Cards game later in the day because 'everyone knows' there are difficult shadows at Busch.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I like Alberta, who turned down ~$200 million, complaining that the game time was about money: "They're making their money, they're paying their money. I guess they put the game time however they want it."

Archived