Brewer Fanatic

Division Series - Dates, Times, Locations

Bombers
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't BA pretty much say that the Brewers were going to have the early game? Not that he has the final say or anything, but I would think he might have some inside info.

Yes, he did mention that during the game.

Yeah, I'm sure he knows the schedule for TBS's postseason coverage at this point. At the very least, speculating on a real timeslot that would make sense for the Brewers.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

All the teams are set...why is it so hard to post a schedule? This wasn't all thought out ahead of time? I kind of expected that very shortly after the last slot was filled last night that mlb would post all the times on it's site. What are they waiting for?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

TBS could definitely spill over onto TNT. There's just no way, imo, MLB could start a game at 9:30 pm local time.

If they did, the Brewers/Dbacks would be the logical choice. BA may have "leaked" but if times were set, they'd have announced them. He could have been told that was the plan if the Braves were the opponent.

Community Moderator

It seems like we are 90%+ sure that the times are as follows:

(All times CDT)

Saturday: 11:00 AM

Sunday: 8:30 PM

Tuesday: 9:30 PM

Wednesday (if necessary): 8:30 PM

I live on the east coast, so I better go apologize to my neighbors in advance.

All the teams are set...why is it so hard to post a schedule? This wasn't all thought out ahead of time? I kind of expected that very shortly after the last slot was filled last night that mlb would post all the times on it's site. What are they waiting for?
Yeah, I don't get it either. Kind of annoying.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

(All times CDT)

Is this just based on what logically makes sense or do you have some sort of inside scoop? As it was stated in another thread, there is a 9:30pm time slot (Central time) that they need to fill on Saturday and they don't have a west coast game to put in that slot. Seems like the Brewers could also end up in that slot.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

(All times CDT)

Is this just based on what logically makes sense or do you have some sort of inside scoop? As it was stated in another thread, there is a 9:30pm time slot (Central time) that they need to fill on Saturday and they don't have a west coast game to put in that slot. Seems like the Brewers could also end up in that slot.

Absolutely. What makes more sense, an East Coast Tampa Bay team playing at 10:30 pm Eastern at Texas, or a West Coast D-Back team playing at 7:30 Pacific at Milwaukee? Seems they maximize viewership having the Brewers host the late game.

(All times CDT)

Yeah, this schedule makes the most sense. I would be happy with this. Could still catch the Badgers and Packers games also. And yeah, your neighbors are gonna be up all night. Just wait for that go ahead HR in extra innings on Tuesday at about 2 AM ET.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

So here is how the pitching matchups shape up if you're curious about who's jersey to wear to the game.

Ian Kennedy @ Yovani Gallardo

Daniel Hudson @ Zack Greinke

Shaun Marcum @ Joe Saunders

Randy Wolf @ Josh Collmenter

EDIT: Nothing posted above is confirmed except for Gallardo being the game 1 starter and game 1 taking place on Saturday.

How can they not have this figured out yet?

So here is how the pitching matchups shape up if you're curious about who's jersey to wear to the game.

Ian Kennedy @ Yovani Gallardo

Daniel Hudson @ Zack Greinke

Shaun Marcum @ Joe Saunders

Randy Wolf @ Josh Collmenter

Apparently Schlitz001 has it all figured out somehow, including the times.

Community Moderator

(All times CDT)

Saturday: 11:00 AM or 9:30 PM

I just considered a few news articles about it and the discussion in this thread. I'm adding the 9:30 PM time for Saturday above since that is a higher possibility than I previously thought. I'm sure the Brewers are fighting for an afternoon game. But there is also the third possibility that they change the actual time slots due to the other issues in the schedule such as the football game in Philly. A 9:30 Milwaukee start would allow fans to watch the Badgers game while tailgaiting, but the game would end at 1:00 AM or later.

Games 2-3-4 are almost certainly going to be at the times listed above, unless the TBS schedule is wrong.

Games 2-3-4 are almost certainly going to be at the times listed above, unless the TBS schedule is wrong.
The only flaw I see with the Game 2 start time is that doesn't Philly have to play at night because of parking/traffic issues with the Eagles game? I don't see the Philly game starting at 5pm...they would probably need more time than that to clear the parking lot after the Eagles game.

And like in 2008, the Packers will likely crush them in the local ratings by at least a 2:1 margin on Sunday...

Sucks big time that they are on at the same time. Maybe the Packers can do us a favor by going up 35-0 in the first half against the sorry Denver team so we can all watch the Brewers in peace. Conversely I'd be fine if the Brewers put up a 10 spot in the first http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived