Brewer Fanatic

Brewers profit in 2011?

liveforoctober

If they can't make money when they make the playoffs with an $80 mil payroll, they never will.
I don't think that is close. I have $94M on the 25 man roster. The biggest difference may be that some sites don't pick up Braun's $10M signing bonus. Add: injury and September callups ($1M), Parra/Stetter injury, buyouts ($4M Suppan, Davis, Zaun, Hoffman, Riske). So I see $100M
Sites don't pick up Braun's signing bonus on the 2011 payroll because he isn't being paid that $10 mil in 2011. Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet since its so different from those documented online?

I don't think that is close. I have $94M on the 25 man roster. The biggest difference may be that some sites don't pick up Braun's $10M signing bonus. Add: injury and September callups ($1M), Parra/Stetter injury, buyouts ($4M Suppan, Davis, Zaun, Hoffman, Riske). So I see $100M
Sites don't pick up Braun's signing bonus on the 2011 payroll because he isn't being paid that $10 mil in 2011. Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet since its so different from those documented online?
You're right. I went back and Braun's signing bonus is payable 2012-2015 in four chunks. So that reduces this year by $10M.

After that change, I don't think I am overly different from what bf has, to make a list of all the names and dollars. I maybe try to guess what incentives and bonuses will basically be earned, so I would have a Kotsay at $1M versus $800K for bfnet. Nothing major.

http://www.brewerfan.net/ViewTeamSalary.do?teamId=1

Archived