Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-28 Pirates (Locke) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-3, earn # 2 seed]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 67 pitches, I think Greinke could pitch again Sunday but they probably wouldn't want Greinke pitching on short rest twice in a row. It would also mean Marcum goes over a week without pitching.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I could not be happier for GoGo. The guy has been relegated to a backup and suffered a crushing injury, yet all season he has been one of the first out of the dugout to celebrate, always celebrating and playing amazing defense. Maybe he isn't the player people projected when he was a prospect, but he's found a role and a platoon of GoGo/Morgan next year is better than most other teams' centerfield situation. He has become on of my favorite Brewers based on attitude and hard work alone. If he could just learn the basics of baserunning, he'd be amazing.
Formerly Andersoc420

Notice Hairston is not bunting, when Morgan does it that is on his own

Just because it didn't happen there doesn't mean Roenicke has never called for it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Well said about Gomez. The guy is an insanely good defender and a real team player. He's going to be huge during the playoffs as a late inning replacement.
CarGo has to be one of my favorite <.290 OBP guys ever to play the game. Outside of getting on base, he does just about everything extremely well.

Just because it didn't happen there doesn't mean Roenicke has never called for it.

He obviously calls for it sometimes but not every time Morgan lays one down in the 1st inning.

Fine I will correct my statement to say when Morgan does it that is on his own sometimes

Just to add a little bit to the Daron Sutton talk from the first page, I live in Arizona and Sutton is interviewed pretty often on the "Doug & Wolf" radio show, and I remember him saying at least a few times things to the effect of "I just wish the Brewers would lose every game". (paraphrasing of course) I don't know what exactly happened between him and Milwaukee, but there is definitely some bad blood there and it did come through last night in his call at the end of the game.

He obviously calls for it sometimes but not every time Morgan lays one down in the 1st inning.

Fine I will correct my statement to say when Morgan does it that is on his own sometimes

I have no problem if Morgan wants to bunt for a hit every once in awhile. The problem is he tries it just about every game and almost always bunts when Hart reaches to start. In those situations, he should be swinging away and I think Roenicke should be telling him to swing away more often than not and only lay one down if 3B is back.

Archived