Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-28 Pirates (Locke) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-3, earn # 2 seed]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God, SVP and Stu Scott are BRUTAL. I don't even know what the hell they are talking about half the time they open their mouths. Just replay the highlights idiots.
"Then Mother Nature takes over and says I'm gonna rain on you for a little bit...but hang in there...I'll....I'm coming back for the Yankees."

What?

The video of Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac reacting to the Red Sox loss and Tampa Bay win is all-time classic.

i have rewinded that 6 times already on the tivo, hahaha

what did they do? I wish I could see http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Red Sox payroll = 161,000,000

Rays payroll = 41,000,000

Unbelievable. 161 million and no playoffs.

More proof that a hard salary cap isn't the only way to fix a sport. In baseball the better your team the more you play for players, in football the worse your team the more you pay, the two sports just aren't comparable in any way.
I think the reason a salary cap doesn't work in football is because the real "currency" in football is quarterbacks, whoever has the good quarterbacks wins. In baseball, I think the "currency" is money, with enough you can gain a pretty unfair advantage. The Rays and Brewers are great now but we will eventually have to reload, the Yankees and Red Sox will never have to reload

The video of Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac reacting to the Red Sox loss and Tampa Bay win is all-time classic.

i have rewinded that 6 times already on the tivo, hahaha

what did they do? I wish I could see http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

heres the video

It's should be a fun, exciting evening of baseball all the way around what with at least four other playoff-relevant games to keep clicking around to--I hope of course that Braunie and the Brew Crew make the last half of the D'backs game completely irrelevant.

L'shana Tova!

I had no idea.

I'm still shaking.

I could not be happier for GoGo. The guy has been relegated to a backup and suffered a crushing injury, yet all season he has been one of the first out of the dugout to celebrate, always celebrating and playing amazing defense. Maybe he isn't the player people projected when he was a prospect, but he's found a role and a platoon of GoGo/Morgan next year is better than most other teams' centerfield situation. He has become on of my favorite Brewers based on attitude and hard work alone. If he could just learn the basics of baserunning, he'd be amazing.

I know it's a late post, but I couldn't agree more. His attitude is flat-out fantastic, and he is pretty darn good at his role.

Archived