Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-27 Pirates (Ohlendorf) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers win, 6-4: 3 Fielder HRs]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how AZ pulls off one of the most miraculous comebacks ever and ESPN's baseball main front page spot is a pic of the Red Sox and an article about them hanging together as a team (or whatever the nonsense is). That's just gross!

IF we lose homefield and end up playing the phillies in the first round because of this 2 out comeback i might stop watching baseball forever

This is irrational thinking and needs to be thrown out. You only think that way because you watched the outcome in this order. If, while you were eating breakfast this morning, you were told that the Dbacks and the Crew would both win tonight in dramatic fashion.... would you have decide to "stop watching" baseball?? child, please.

Brewers are in control of their own fate. The same one that put them in position to have a dodger meltdown affect them. go Brewers!

So according to the win expectancy finder during the period they were tracking games (1957 to 2005) there were 2168 times the home team was down 5 with 1 out to go and nobody on and 1 time they won (0 of 65 times in extra innings). So it has happened at least once before. Elias etc. will probably tell us when by tomorrow.

The closest I can remember is in 2004 (May I think) when the Brewers were down 5-0 in the bottom of the 9th to the Expos, Livan Hernandez was mowing us down, got the 1st guy out, then gave up a couple, the reliever came in and blew the lead and Wes Helms hit a walkoff in extras. I remember Rick Monday talking about that one too when the Brewers came to LA a few weeks later.

And it could be worse - there is at least 1 time when a team has been down 6 with 1 out to go and nobody on and come back to win.

IF we lose homefield and end up playing the phillies in the first round because of this 2 out comeback i might stop watching baseball forever

Even when the Brewers win?

My God people, enjoy the ride. Everything the Brewers can still accomplish is squarely in their own hands.
seriously, people need to back off of other people and stop telling them how to feel.

Just because people are upset, or worried doesn't mean they aren't "enjoying the ride"

Perhaps, I should tell you to be worried about the playing the Phillies? but then again, I don't tell people how they should feel

Community Moderator

That was the least classy celebration in history. Full jersey off before reaching home plate? But considering it was the highest possible +WPA for a single at-bat, I guess they deserve it.

Brewers--the D'Backs look like a team of destiny, and you need to make sure they fulfill their destiny against the Phillies.

My God people, enjoy the ride. Everything the Brewers can still accomplish is squarely in their own hands.
seriously, people need to back off of other people and stop telling them how to feel.

Just because people are upset, or worried doesn't mean they aren't "enjoying the ride"

Perhaps, I should tell you to be worried about the playing the Phillies? but then again, I don't tell people how they should feel

thank you

It's been over 8 hours and I'm still ticked about this. It was just impossible for them to win that game. Whole rally starts when the pitcher fails to cover first base. Then and error gets made later. The Dodgers should have easily gotten 4 outs in the inning. Please win tonight Brewers.

Brewers can't blame anyone but themselves if they don't get home field advantage. They control their own destiny. Win. Plain and simple. RR should manage this game like Game 7 of the World Series. Home field advantage for the Brewers means a lot more than it does for Arizona. Just look at the home/road records. Just win, baby!

Well, he's not telling him how to feel, he's telling him how to act--which, yeah, I hear you, hyperbolic gnashing of teeth can be grating but it's still harmless, but you're doing the same thing here.

Anyway. Go Brewers.

Archived