Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]

1992casey
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

I think Red Sox fans are generally known to be some of the most passionate and knowledgeable in baseball. Although it is easy when you can spend $150+ million on players. Plus, this choke would be one for the ages. So I'll take back my previous comment, although I still do not claim to be very interested either way.

It is just puzzling that Tampa/St. Pete can't get more people to see baseball there. I was in St. Pete a few months ago and there was Rays stuff all over the city, people wearing Rays gear, etc. Maybe they all stay home and watch it on TV?

I think Red Sox fans are generally known to be some of the most passionate and knowledgeable in baseball. Although it is easy when you can spend $150+ million on players. Plus, this choke would be one for the ages. So I'll take back my previous comment, although I still do not claim to be very interested either way.

It is just puzzling that Tampa/St. Pete can't get more people to see baseball there. I was in St. Pete a few months ago and there was Rays stuff all over the city, people wearing Rays gear, etc. Maybe they all stay home and watch it on TV?

It doesn't help that they play in a garbage stadium. I also think it's not in a very good location (in terms of neighborhood and not centrally located).

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I worked in Tampa a few decades ago, and everyone I worked with was from somewhere else. I think that's part of their problem.

I really want to cheer for the Rays, but 18,000 fans at the Trop tonight? Unacceptable. Go Red Sox.
I'd rather root for the team that has 18,000 apathetic fans at their games than a team with 40,000 obnoxious ones.

I found their fans to be the most knowledgeable and accommodating group I've ever encountered after traveling out there in June.

I hate even watching games on tv that are played at the Trop. Such a dump.

Community Moderator

Yeah the Trop is sort of in the ghetto. And traffic is bad. But it's the last week of the season--they should suck it up at least for the important games.

Here comes Braun, too bad he's not going to face the lefty.

Obviously the game is on the line here so I get bringing in Braun but now Green was basically burned for nothing, which means we will see McGehee.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived