Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]

1992casey
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt Kemp just hit a 3-run HR in the top of the first!

LA 3 - AZ 0

well, that's awesome!....and kinda sucks for Braun

Not really, Braun is not going to overtake him in HRs or RBI. The batting title is what matter, any hit is bad for Braun so Ill take a HR that hurts the DBacks.

Also Reyes has gone 2-3 raising his average up to .333 with 1 PA left tonight

I just turned the game on and I find out that Braun's not playing and FDLCruz is on the mound. Doesn't RR give a rat's ass if the Brewers win this game? Why give Braun a day off? They had two days off a few weeks ago. One last week and two more at the end of this week. Give Bettancourt a day off instead (or 8).

The smart thing would have been playing today's game like a playoff game, winning it, and watching ARZ lose. That allows you to play Wed's game like an exhibition game and rest starters and allows you to align the playoff rotation as you see fit. On the flip side, he plays Mon's game like it doesn't matter and will have to sweat it out Tues and Wed to get home field advantage. Dumb, is right.

If the spot comes up in the order with men on base, Braun should really pinch hit for Yuni. Keep Braun in left, move Hairston to short, put someone in at third (it'll be McGehee) batting in the pitcher's spot.

prove me wrong yuni. nice game bud.

Has Weeks hit a ball hard once since coming back? I've only watched a few games the past month, so I really have no idea if I'm just missing his good at bats, but he's basically looked like another pitcher up there.

At this point I don't think he'll even be an asset during the playoffs.

His line in September:

.286/.429/.321

Archived