Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]

1992casey
I don't think driving in runs is really in Weeks' nature. He's a passive individual. But where else would we put him with Hart thriving in the leadoff spot, Morgan a rock at #2, and all our #5 hitters struggling?

What does being passive have to do with driving in runs?

It has everything to do with driving in runs. Ryan Braun doesn't want to take a walk in those situations. He wants to be the guy come up with the big hit if all possible. He's not up there taking multiple strikes like Weeks is. Weeks has a leadoff hitter's mentality.

So because Weeks draws walks, he can't drive in runs? I don't buy it. Many people on this board (and people in baseball) have been saying for years that Weeks is probably best suited in a run-producing role like hitting 5th. He's just hit leadoff because there really weren't other options.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
topper09er wrote:

Marcum has thrown 60 pitches, is he on any limit? If his limit is basically only 1 more inning I would consider a PH this inning

I don't see why he would be. If Gallardo is going game 1, the earliest Marcum would pitch is Sunday which is more than normal rest anyways.I just heard Cliff Lee was on a 75 pitch limit tonight

Game must be out of reach. Wave has started and it's only the top of the fifth. Watch the freakin game!
I think a pretty large portion of our fan base thinks we have nothing to play for now, and this is only reinforced by showing up to the park to see Braun out of the lineup.

Archived