Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]

1992casey
  • Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Phillies are tied with the Braves in the 6th inning.

Cards are currently 1 up on the Stros in the 3rd

So things are going alright for the Crew in the other games at least.

The biggest game by far for us is AZ vs LAD, which hasnt started yet
I know it is, but I want to avoid the Phils any way possible, and anyone who that isn't a motivation for is a loon.

I know it is, but I want to avoid the Phils any way possible, and anyone who that isn't a motivation for is a loon.
I agree, the best result for us would be for Atl and StL to have a 1 game playoff that Atl wins so we can face them without their best pitcher going twice. However, if StL wins then they face the Phils without their best pitcher going first, making it easier for Philly to advance to the NLCS

I don't think driving in runs is really in Weeks' nature. He's a passive individual. But where else would we put him with Hart thriving in the leadoff spot, Morgan a rock at #2, and all our #5 hitters struggling?

What does being passive have to do with driving in runs?

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I don't think driving in runs is really in Weeks' nature. He's a passive individual. But where else would we put him with Hart thriving in the leadoff spot, Morgan a rock at #2, and all our #5 hitters struggling?

It has everything to do with driving in runs. Ryan Braun doesn't want to take a walk in those situations. He wants to be the guy come up with the big hit if all possible. He's not up there taking multiple strikes like Weeks is. Weeks has a leadoff hitter's mentality.

It has everything to do with driving in runs. Ryan Braun doesn't want to take a walk in those situations. He wants to be the guy come up with the big hit if all possible. He's not up there taking multiple strikes like Weeks is. Weeks has a leadoff hitter's mentality.
I agree that a Rickie walk is less valuable with Casey on deck.

topper09er wrote:

Marcum has thrown 60 pitches, is he on any limit? If his limit is basically only 1 more inning I would consider a PH this inning

I don't see why he would be. If Gallardo is going game 1, the earliest Marcum would pitch is Sunday which is more than normal rest anyways.

Archived