Brewer Fanatic

Playoff TV Discussion

pebadger
So if the Brewers will most likely be game 1 for every day, what are the game times for for the 4 games on Tuesday? It's frustrating to still not know.

Guessing that it will continue to be frustrating, especially for ticket holders. The powers that be will likely hold off setting Tuesday times until after the AL games are complete on Saturday. Fortunately for Brewer fans (at least in terms of certainty) you have to think that the geography of the situation means that their game on Tuesday will be primetime (or at least after the "regular" work day). That doesn't necessarily work out great for everyone, but at least we have a pretty good idea when it will be.

Does anyone know if there will be weekday day games (likely late afternoon, but still "day" in the sense that morning-early evening workers may miss part of the action).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Until it's announced otherwise, a reasonable expectation would be (2) games at 5 CST and (2) at 8.

I'm not sure that this would be the case. IIRC, in past years they had weekday games that started at 1pm or 3pm.

edit: here is a partial schedule from last year that shows games that started early and mid-afternoon during the week (Oct 6th and Oct 7th). Looks like it was the Rays/Rangers series that got the "horrible times" last year. However, I think with the playoffs starting on a weekend this year it will lower the chances of there being 4 playoff games on a weekday (next Tuesday would be the only day that this could happen I believe):

Game Teams Date Time TV Result
Game 1 Rangers at Rays Oct. 6 1:37 p.m. TBS TEX 5, TB 1
Game 2 Rangers at Rays Oct. 7 2:37 p.m. TBS TEX 6, TB 0
Game 3 Rays at Rangers Oct. 9 5:07 p.m. TBS TB 6, TEX 3
Game 4 Rays at Rangers Oct. 10 1:07 p.m. TBS TB 5, TEX 2
Game 5 Rangers at Rays Oct. 12 8:07 p.m. TBS TEX 5, TB 1

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

yep, but I thought they were putting an end to that this year, but we'll soon find out I guess. You'd think that even if the evening ratings were halved theyd still be much higher than those for a game going down on a Tuesday at 1pm. You'd obviously still enjoy the home and away markets plus a much more massive national audience.

I've always liked that daytime weekday playoff action though, don't get me wrong...just sucks when you can't watch YOUR team the way you want to!

James

Archived