Brewer Fanatic

Miller Lite Brewers Neon Bar Sign - any idea of its value?

JenksFan5

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/Jenksfan5/MillerLiteBrewers.jpg

So long story short, I am pulling into my driveway with my two little boys and a guy comes up behind me on his bike and scares the crap out of me and starts talking to me about the Brewers. First asking about my Brewers plates and what they cost etc. Then he asks me if I'd be interested in an old Brewers Miller Lite neon bar sign. I said sure, but had no idea what they are worth. So he offered me the sign at a price and I said if it works, I would take it. He bikes back to his house over a mile away and brings it back on his bike in a plastic bag. The sign is a little dusty, but seems to be in good shape and works perfectly so I am happy I got it to add to my collection, but I have no idea what it is worth (not that I want to sell it), but just for future reference. I thought I'd give the collective braintrust at Brewerfan.net a try to see others opinions on it. Thanks!

I don't know what the real value is.

But to me, I'd probably say somewhere between $75 and $100. It's cool and it's Brewers baseball, but it's pretty spartan in style and substance.

It's one of those things that I'd like to have, but not THAT much.

Right now you might be able to get a bit more for it with Brewtober running wild, but I agree with Jim that probably around $100 is fair. I only own a small handful of neon signs, but that seems to be about the going rate for older sports related ones like that.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

As the guy from Storage Wars says, that's a 'two-hundred dollar bill' all day long in my opinion. with the bandwagon full as it is. I remember these signs, and they are about 20 years old. My guess is that there aren't too many out there in working order. I'm sure there are plenty of affluent fans with a few hundo to burn who'd love to have that in their bar/rec room area.

Yeah, I had a friend of mine offer me $200 for it. I want to keep it for now anyway. I got it for $30 so I think I did OK. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I just really had no idea what it was worth, but liked it and the price was right and the guy carried it all the way to my house on a bike so I would have felt bad sending him home with it.

Archived