Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-23 Marlins (Volstad) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 4-1; win NL Central, stay classy]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate having a good hitting pitcher bunt with 2 stikes with the runner already in scoring position.
In hindsight, it's easy to say that, but the book says bunting will most likely have better odds than getting a hit. Yo's average is .220, and I would like to think bunting has much better odds of advancing a runner. Easy to complain after the fact, but I agree with the call there with no outs and Corey Hart coming up with a sac fly/sac groundout opportunity.

And even 0-2 I think the play is a bunt. Yo's a career .125 hitter after 0-2... stats that are common for pitchers.

http://65.55.40.87/att/GetInline.aspx?messageid=88bb77fe-e648-11e0-a0a1-00237de461f4&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3A986&shared=1&hm__login=jesseg_53&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.12.148.8&d=d3921&mf=0&hm__ts=Sat%2C%2024%20Sep%202011%2001%3A01%3A44%20GMT&st=jesseg_53&hm__ha=01_e198c7512cdadabd26a3947de5d8189ab16fc12554bee71f703fc6d9ba6d9871&oneredir=1

This was Tony Plush accepting his award for High Energy player of they year lol. Yes I took a picture off of the with my phone.

ugh..Morgan took a step or two back there.

There was only one replay that showed the slow start... he didn't read it very well, but he didn't break backwards. He paused a bit, but I'm not sure a perfect break would have allowed him to catch it.

Offense looks terrible again. Bad approach. Bad situational hitting.

Might that unseat Ben Revere's top spot on Web Gems? The catch alone, nah ... but a pretty sweet combo of great catch and amazingly athletic, strong throw for the DP.
Did that play just win Braun a gold glove? He has the credentials to back it up; 30 HRs and 100 RBIs

Well there was the hitting pitcher everyone wanted to swing away...against a pitcher that has made Braun look bad twice so far

As long as Roenicke's consistent and bunts with McGehee in all the same situations. One .220 hitter hits 5th or 6th and he pretends is good, the other one "must bunt" -- even with two strikes -- because he's just oh so incompetent as a hitter.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Well there was the hitting pitcher everyone wanted to swing away...against a pitcher that has made Braun look bad twice so far

As long as Roenicke's consistent and bunts with McGehee in all the same situations. One .220 hitter hits 5th or 6th and he pretends is good, the other one "must bunt" -- even with two strikes -- because he's just oh so incompetent as a hitter.

McGehee should bunt in every possible situation since he is an auto-out, but he is a "run producer" so it is beneath him to bunt

Archived