Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-23 Marlins (Volstad) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 4-1; win NL Central, stay classy]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we clinched and my wife started bawling. I was running around the house cheering wildly.

Earlier in the game, before she got home (she made it about 5 minutes after Ax saved it), I'm not afraid to admit that it got quite dusty in the house. And most of the night, too, as I'm reading threads, watching MLB Tonight, listening to highlights, etc.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was at the game....my wife (who also has a twenty pack just not tonight) was in our basement (with 3 tv's) sending me updates of the Cubs/Cards game via text so I had them before virtually everyone following on their phones.

When Braun was up and the count got to 2-1, I sent her a text message that said "Brace yourself. Braun is about to go yard here and the stadium is going to errupt". And then it happened and it was awesome. She asked me later how I knew or if I was just saying that (which would have been very unlike me). My only response was "You could just feel something was about to happen". There was no way of knowing, he just as easily could have grounded into a double play, but you just knew he was going to come through in some form or another.

Or maybe I got lucky http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Either way, it was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed and something I won't ever forget. We stayed for everything after but finally left. I turned and told my friends it would be fine, that we're going to see this 3 more times again this year......

Archived