Brewer Fanatic

New Miami Marlins Logo Leaked.

berniebrewer4life
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That HR carousel is amazing. I can't help but look at it with a huge grin on my face. It's simply entrancing. I can't wait to see it go off on opening day.

But I still refuse to believe that those are actually the uniforms. They are so terrible and the old logo was bad enough. Where do Marlins fans need to turn to get a hat that they can wear in public?

Classic, Hawing! I was thinking "Shine a Little Love," actually. Or it could be "Don't Bring Me Down" if the Fish are rallying from behind.

The orange could be cool but paired with yellow & especially aqua it's rather unpleasing -- or strong, at minimum. I'd've far preferred to see them favor a Dolphins-esque aqua and have alternate tops & maybe caps, too, that bore more resemblance to the Dolphins' color scheme than to the Hurricanes'. At least it's not pale or burnt orange, which would look too much like those plain & ugly U. of TN football uniforms!!!

It's worth taking heart, though, because we all remember the then-Devil Rays' green-yellow-purple rainbow thing that went out of style quickly & was replaced by a solid baseball uniform (only to be replaced by an even better one a few years later when the "Devil" was dropped out of the name). . . . . And on a total tangent, I never understood why Tampa's ownership went with Devil Rays b/c those are actually fairly small ("wingspan" typically not exceeding 4 ft.). By comparison, manta rays are HUGE, just plain massive -- wingspan over 20 ft. is not uncommon -- and the Manta Rays would've made a much better (& respectable, non-shallow-marketing-motivated) team name.

Man, these Marlins things just keep getting worse. I've been looking forward to the uniform unveiling on Friday but my moderate excitement feels more & more like painful & morbid curiosity.

ha i agree, if these are it, its like passing an accident on the freeway, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help it. those are not major league uniforms.

I can understand being a little put off by the hats and the multi-colored logo, but I don't think the color scheme for the uniforms is that much different than the Giant's colors, orange and black, which I like very much.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator
The Marlins mailed me their 20 pack info the other week. The ticket prices are astonishingly cheap. $18/ticket to sit in the upper level behind home plate (which is really about the location of the club level at Miller Park). Even the lower level down the line is as cheap as $25/ticket for the 20 pack. I'll try and get some tickets to one of those exhibition games, but the Brewers do not down here until September. Hopefully more of the FL Brewers fans will turn out next year since there is no risk of bad weather or a rainout.

Classic, Hawing! I was thinking "Shine a Little Love," actually. Or it could be "Don't Bring Me Down" if the Fish are rallying from behind.
Shine a Little Love, OK. But maybe just the instrumental version.

I think ELO came to my mind because that thing looks like it would have fit on the set of "Xanadu."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That HR carousel is amazing. I can't help but look at it with a huge grin on my face. It's simply entrancing. I can't wait to see it go off on opening day.

But I still refuse to believe that those are actually the uniforms. They are so terrible and the old logo was bad enough. Where do Marlins fans need to turn to get a hat that they can wear in public?

1. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

2. The uniforms are that bad, apparently.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/884683/securedownload_medium.jpg

The whites at least look tame.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/884671/Ad7tzVeCAAAFgL-.jpg

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

That orange & blue/teal color scheme certainly fits with the Dolphins'. I wonder if that was part of the uniforms/color scheme decision, too -- to further help rebrand themselves as Miami's team.

And actually, looking at the jacket worn by Bonifacio in the picture splitter posted, that seems almost reminiscent of the Heat's red & black. I realize I'm probably reaching at this point, though.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Neither the orange nor blue caps were anywhere to be seen during the unveiling. Sadly, I watched the whole thing live. Blah.

The basic uniforms are still either white or gray w/ black, and the other colors are minimally noticeable at best. The yellow/orange/blue mostly only barely make their way into the trim and really aren't very clear from a distance (like the camera distance during the unveiling ceremony).

The orange jerseys are themselves okay. It's all the other colors that get lost in the trim stuff that make it very unappealing.

The "piping" thing around the collar that gives the illusion of being like a ring-neck collar on a pullover is a new style but sure isn't a good thing. Yuck. Subtle, but very much yuck.

The black jerseys are extremely unoriginal and uninspiring. I grew up in FL and still visit family every summer. I still love it down there, but NOBODY sane wears black all the time outside when it's 90-95 degrees or more, which is most of the time. It's not just hot. You feel like you're getting baked in an oven. What a way to make yourself very physically miserable! Beer and mediocre baseball aren't nearly enough to offset the effects of that! Very, very, very, very, very bad choice!!!

They wanted to be trendy and clearly succeeded in coming up with something "fresh" and "new." Too bad it's also so blasted boring & ugly. We can just hope someone has better judgement & style when these things become so passe 10 years hence!

I really hoped they'd feature an aqua color like the Dolphins do -- a break from the previous teal, a much richer color that would stand on its own very well and still lend itself to some unique (aqua) or at minimum trendy-but-cool (orange) alternate jerseys. Missed that good opportunity this time.

(Edited for lousy grammar.)

Part of what makes these so bad is the trim/drop-shadow thing. Most of the trim or drop shadow is orange, but there's no visual logic or continuity when the first letter has no proper trim or drop-shadow -- just a whole bunch of colors stuffed into it -- but all the other letters do.

It's not that the orange is bad. It's how they used it that's bad. In other words, there's less orange on this than there was teal on the old uniforms, at least in terms of what's readily visible. So as someone said above, they end up looking almost entirely black & white.

I can learn to accept the new jerseys and color scheme. But the "M" logo on the hat looks way too big. They need to shrink that to a smaller size if they want to use it on the hat.

They just need to sign Kevin Mench.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived