Brewer Fanatic

New Miami Marlins Logo Leaked.

berniebrewer4life

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is wrong with just regular colors? What's wrong with like.....green. Normal regular green. Why do new teams and teams that redo their logos always have to have to worst, ugliest combinations of colors? And that logo looks like it belongs in the 80's.

Its pure graphic design dogma. Blue and Orange are highly contrasting colors and show up everywhere (check out movie posters for example). My guess is there were also sold on this "representing a sunset over the ocean". The gray outline with the white M looks terrible. The two different fonts makes it look like a mess. The marlin looks to just be thrown on there because they forgot about it at first. Put the marlin on top of the M or through the middle of it and maybe you'd have something better.

The "Marlins" at the top looks very generic...looks like something found on the t-shirt of basically any college in the USA. I do kind of like the design of the "M", but the color scheme is awful. It does seem like they are copying the Dolphins' colors, which is funny since they're finally leaving the stadium they shared with that team.

Maybe I have been in the minority, but I always liked their current color scheme.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Community Moderator

It's clearly designed to go with the new ballpark logo, which is also ugly:

http://planetpit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MM_Ballpark_RGB-420x522.jpg

The ballpark has a very futuristic style to it, so they are sticking with that theme in the logo:http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/fla/images/ballpark/y2011/new-ballpark/construction_progress_0115_b_lg.jpg

Notice that it is 6 months from the opening and there is no official name, it is just "Marlins Ballpark".

I really feel like the Marlins have taken the "Turn Ahead the Clock Night" from the late 90's way too seriously. But there is no doubt that they are tying to distance themselves from the past and start over in Miami. The running joke down here is that everyone was a Marlins fan for two weeks in 2003 and then went back to their regular lives. This comes from the same city that had a 2/3 full Dolphins Stadium for the NFL game on Sunday, despite the owner giving away over 10,000 free tickets. The Marlins aren't going to change that culture. The advertisements for the new ballpark say nothing about the team, the slogan is "Coolest Ballpark Ever!". To succeed, the Marlins have to go with the culture down here--if the ballpark is fancy, comfortable, and "cool", then they will draw fans regardless of the team on the field.

But the bottom line is that ownership is incompetent and it will be like Milwaukee--nothing changed in 2001 except a bad team moved to a nice stadium. The Marlins can succeed down here, but not in the same way that other teams will. Of course they will draw 2.5+ million fans next year, but maintaining Marlins Ballpark as a trendy, exciting place will be the key to long term success.

Edit: Here is the opinion from the Miami New Times: "Marlins Float Hideous Monstrosity of a New Logo to go with Eyesore of a New Stadium". The author hopes that the logo was created by a Mets fan as a joke.

Reaction has so far wavered between the pure, boiling rage of a good

Logan Morrison Twitter war and the mild nausea common to anyone who's

watched the Marlins bullpen this year.

I kind of like the M with the marlin. It looks like an old-school ABA logo.
It clashes with the more typical athletic-uni font in MARLINS above, though.
I agree, the font of "Marlins" is terrible.

I'd find it more palatable if they used the Marlins M font for the word Marlins as well - like they did in the Marlins Ballpark logo.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

For whatever reason, I have not been able to post pictures on this forum for the last several months, but the two images that immediately came to my mind was the old Milwaukee Mecca floor and the Flint Tropics.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I like the Marlin, hate the M. They should have built the Marlin into the left side of a more cursive M. You can tell this logo was born in a board room. I can hear the debates now about the M, colors, we need a Marlin in there.... so group-think decided to include...well...all of it!

It's not like they can't alter the logo or font prior to next season. Maybe leaking this logo was to gauge reaction to it ...? But you shouldn't need public opinion to tell you that it's pretty lame.

The Marlin aspect of the logo is cool, but that's it. Time to head back to the drawing board.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived