Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-20 Brewers (Marcum) at Cubs (Wells) - [Brewers win, 5-1]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. I don't want the Cardinals in the playoffs at all. I'm not overly worried at this point about the division unless the lead gets down to 3, but the Cardinals are a scary team to think about in the playoffs. They have been on a tear here, everything seems to be going their way (and against the Braves). Granted, that means they get Philly in round 1, but Philly isn't really playing well and the Cards have handled them this year. I really don't want to play them in the NLCS. It screams Packers/Bears (though in that case I was extremely confident the Packers were better and would prove it). Beating the Cards in the playoffs would be amazing. Losing to them would make it that much worse. Hope the Braves can hang on...Cards end with Houston and Chicago though, so I don't see too many losses coming there.

I don't think I would enjoy a MIL-STL playoff series. The one in 1982 was tolerable, but that was my first year following baseball closely and I flat out didn't know better. When I think of the TLR mindgames going into overdrive...ugh.

I'd like to think that if there is any team on earth whose prospects the Cubs would be motivated to spoil, it would be the Cardinals. So there's that (hawing said hopefully).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's hard to see how the Cardinals are winning games. They are making a lot of errors. Their bullpen isn't very good. I think it's mostly that they are playing teams without anything to play for while they are playing every game like it's an elimination game, which it essentially is. They got a break when the Phils' off day before that 4 game series turned into a DH or that's probably not a series win. I'm not sure there's a reason to be too scared of them. Back when the games really counted they couldn't even play .500. That said, the Braves are playing even worse so I'd rather see them in there.

Meanwhile, the D-Backs are fighting back.

If I thought the Giants could score a run more than once every couple of days it would be interesting to see them make it all the way back into the playoffs (with the side benefit to the Brewers that it would likely mean the D-Backs can't catch up for the second best record, even if they win the division).

I really don't see the NL wildcard winner, no matter who it is, as having much impact at all this postseason, provided a division winner doesn't just go to pieces. The Cards probably have the best puncher's chance.

I'd like to think that if there is any team on earth whose prospects the Cubs would be motivated to spoil, it would be the Cardinals. So there's that (hawing said hopefully).
I'll be at the Cubs v Cards game in Classyville on Saturday, and it would be wonderful to witness the Cards losing the division with the Cubs delivering the final blow. I'll be rocking a bunch of Brewers gear, but I am confident I'll be safe as it is a bachelor party for a police officer. It's certainly going to feel weird chanting "Let's go Cubbies."
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I disagree. I don't want the Cardinals in the playoffs at all. I'm not overly worried at this point about the division unless the lead gets down to 3, but the Cardinals are a scary team to think about in the playoffs. They have been on a tear here, everything seems to be going their way (and against the Braves). Granted, that means they get Philly in round 1, but Philly isn't really playing well and the Cards have handled them this year. I really don't want to play them in the NLCS. It screams Packers/Bears (though in that case I was extremely confident the Packers were better and would prove it). Beating the Cards in the playoffs would be amazing. Losing to them would make it that much worse. Hope the Braves can hang on...Cards end with Houston and Chicago though, so I don't see too many losses coming there.

I disagree 100%. I would love love love to play them in the NLCS, I mean how fun would that be?

I think we beat them more easily than the Phillies too.

Archived