Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-17 Brewers at Reds - [Brewers win, 10-1; Gallardo: 4 strikeouts in 5th inning, career high 13 overall]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I agree Yuni is really bad but do we need to make snarky comments or bash him even when he does something good? Let's enjoy those little moments of goodness when they happen
I can't. Unfortunately, his sucktitude is so great that even when he does something good (hit a HR) I can't do anything but give a sarcastic cheer. Yuni is the only guy, I mean the ONLY guy in Brewers history that I've found that I simply can't root for.

I agree Yuni is really bad but do we need to make snarky comments or bash him even when he does something good? Let's enjoy those little moments of goodness when they happen
I can't. Unfortunately, his sucktitude is so great that even when he does something good (hit a HR) I can't do anything but give a sarcastic cheer. Yuni is the only guy, I mean the ONLY guy in Brewers history that I've found that I simply can't root for.
I get it, it just seems like he is going to have to do something good for us to win down the stretch and once the playoffs start

I get it, it just seems like he is going to have to do something good for us to win down the stretch and once the playoffs start

So basically you are saying we are screwed?

If we get to a point where we need Yuni to win or lose a game in a crucial spot, that's an utter and complete failure by both Melvin and Roenicke to ever allow it to come to that.

If we get to a point where we need Yuni to win or lose a game in a crucial spot, that's an utter and complete failure by both Melvin and Roenicke to ever allow it to come to that.
True. I worded that incorrectly. Meant to say we are going to hope for him to do something not need. I feel like some here hope he stinks. I understand that to the extent that maybe they bench him but it doesnt seem likely. Hairston would be nice be nice but he is 1 for his last 24.

jjfanec]

True. I worded that incorrectly. Meant to say we are going to hope for him to do something not need. I feel like some here hope he stinks. I understand that to the extent that maybe they bench him but it doesnt seem likely. Hairston would be nice be nice but he is 1 for his last 24.
Before the trade deadline, I did hope that. I hoped he sucked SO bad that Melvin would have absolutely no choice but to replace him somehow. Unfortunately, Yuni got hot right before the deadline, and then as soon as the deadline was past, he cooled right back off again. Now, because there's no chance that he'll be replaced, and Roenicke's made that abundantly clear by his actions, if not his words, I can no longer root for Yuni to fail, but I can't actively root for him either. I just hope he doesn't ever come up in a crucial spot, or make an error, or fail to get a 5 hopper ground ball up the middle that any other ML shortstop gets to.

Can we get some love for Yo tonight! 11 K's through 5 against a lineup with some pretty good hitters. His pitch count probably means he has 2 innings left if he can keep it up.

Heart of the order needs to get an insurance run or two here

If Yuni can come through here, I'll take back a few of the bad things I've ever said about him.
Which bad thing will it be?

There are like 10 posts if Yuni makes an error or gets out with RISP but when he gets an RBI it is quiet. Usually opponents quiet fans when they do good but Yuni quiets Brewer fans when he does well

Archived