Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-16 Brewers (Wolf) at Reds (Arroyo) - [Brewers win, 6-3; Braun reaches 30/30]

pretendastronaut
Bring in the whiner

I don't want to start a big thing but he wasn't really whining. He was asked a question and he answered it. And everybody knew what the answer would be.

I have zero problem with what Prince said because it was fair and the elephant in the room, but a player shouldn't be complaining when one of his teammates is succeeding in the role he insists upon far better than he ever could. He's blown 3 leads since becoming a Brewer. Axford has blown zero in almost twice as long of a span. Plus, K-Rod is winning. There is nothing for him to be dissatisfied about unless he's a spoiled brat and has skewed priorities.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring in the whiner

I don't want to start a big thing but he wasn't really whining. He was asked a question and he answered it. And everybody knew what the answer would be.

I have zero problem with what Prince said because it was fair and the elephant in the room, but a player shouldn't be complaining when one of his teammates is succeeding in the role he insists upon far better than he ever could. He's blown 3 leads since becoming a Brewer. Axford has blown zero in almost twice as long of a span. Plus, K-Rod is winning. There is nothing for him to be dissatisfied about unless he's a spoiled brat and has skewed priorities.
He's been a closer almost his entire career and has that mentality. He's competitive. And if you read what he said, he said that he was told he would be given a chance to close some games but he's closed one game in a non-save situation. When they got him, they probably planned on giving him more opportunities but Axford has been lights out, you can't fault the Brewers for it. So in KRod's eyes, he feels lied to because they told him one thing but did another.

And 2 of those blown saves were early on and a result of bad defense (though weren't scored errors). I believe one game alone had plays that Yuni and Prince both should've made.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

In Bill's defense, Yuni has been good with the routine plays this year. His range is the problem.
That's not really true either. He's 16th of 21 SS qualifiers in fielding percentage this season. He's bad all-around.

It's a little relieving to get a win at a house of horrors, but they're not out of the woods yet. The quitting Phils aren't doing us any favors and still have two more against the Big Red Machine.

Archived