Brewer Fanatic

Anyone see today's TBS promo

brewmann04

There's been an all-Brewers commercial featuring a mix of the current team with the 1982 team running for a week or so now. I think I saw it on MLB Network.

EDIT: And what do you mean "they know something?" Like whoever puts together the commercial brought back a sports almanac from the year 2015?

I never imagined I would see an all Brewers national commercial for the post season. Pretty cool despite the current cold streak. I used to hope so badly in the 90's that TWIB would show just one Brewers highlight. Now we have a team that is an NL highlight. Enjoy is while it lasts people.

I never imagined I would see an all Brewers national commercial for the post season. Pretty cool despite the current cold streak. I used to hope so badly in the 90's that TWIB would show just one Brewers highlight. Now we have a team that is an NL highlight. Enjoy is while it lasts people.
I can still hear the TWIB music in my head.

The best was when Ted Simmons was on The Baseball Bunch. A BREWER as the special guest on a TV show! I remember he showed how he could write his name on a chalkboard with both hands.

Well, if you're going to try to "sell" the NL playoffs what are your story lines?

The Phillies are clearly the team to beat. What the networks need is a compelling opponent for the Phils who people believe just might have a chance. The defending champion Giants are gone. Atlanta has been scuffling a bit lately and it is a terrible sports market and won't see the Phils until the NLCS if at all. The D-Backs have been playing well, but they probably have a smaller following than the Brewers and are largely anonymous other than Upton. The Brewers have great players in Braun and Fielder, a character in Morgan and pitching that gives them a chance.

Brewers vs Phillies is really the only shot the networks have at any sort of compelling NL playoff series from a national TV perspective. A Brewer/Phils series could end up being lots of things (or at least it's easy to sell it as such): both teams can pitch, both teams have star offensive players who are known quantities. In terms of expectations, it's really the only series that gives "neutral" fans much a buzz before the series starts. Other potential series might grow on fans after they start, but Brewers/Phils can be hyped.

Archived