Brewer Fanatic

Remaining 12 games prediction

Bombers

I blame BF.net for the brewers current funk. We had a prediction thread in every month, except September http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Just in case you are curious what the final 13 days look like as all 4 teams below are off today ...

MIL - 6 - 6 - @ CIN (2-1), @ CHC (1-2), FLA(1-2), PIT (2-1)

StL - 9 - 4 - @ PHI (3-1), NYM (1-2), CHC (2-1), @ HOU (3-0)

ARZ - 8 - 4 - @ SD (2-1), PIT (3-0), SF( 2-1), LAD (1-2)

ATL - 6 - 6 - NYM (1-2), @ FLA (2-1), @ WSH (2-1), PHI (1-2)

Clinch prediction: Saturday September 24th vs Marlins

Playoffs:

MIL @ PHI - Rotation (Marcum vs Halladay, Wolf vs Lee, Greinke vs Oswalt, Gallardo vs Hamels, Marcum vs Hallady)

ATL @ ARZ

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I see the Brewers playing about 5- 7 over the last dozen, and I'm hopeful that SHOULD be enough to hold off the Cards. Like others, I'm just not getting any enjoyment out of watching them right now.

Phillies will coast in at 7 - 5, and I think the D'Backs will stay hot through the rest of the regular season, and win 8 or 9.

MIL 9-3 - @CIN (2-1), @CHC (2-1) FLA (2-1) PIT (3-0)

STL 10-3 - @PHI (2-2) NYM (2-1) CHC (3-0) @HOU (3-0)

ARI 8-4 - @SD (2-1) PIT (3-0) SF (2-1) LAD (1-2)

ATL 4-8 - NYM (2-1) @FLA (1-2) @WAS (1-2) PHI (0-3)

STL @ PHI (Philly in 5)

ARI @ MIL

I'll admit to some wishful thinking here. I live in Phoenix and I've never been to a Brewer playoff game, so this would make it a lot easier.

I'll go with :

Brewers 4-8 @CIN (0-3), @ CHC (1-2), FLA (1-2), PIT (2-1)

STL 9-4 @PHIL (2-2), NYM (2-1), CHC (2-1), @HOU (3-0)

Arizona going 2-1 in each of their three series left for a 8-4 mark

ATL - 8-4 NYM (3-0), @ FLA (2-1), WASH (2-1), PHI (1-2)

Brewers clinching on the last day of the regular season and having the #3 seed and the Braves holding onto the WC.

I'm gonna go with:

Brewers 8-4 @CIN (1-2) @ CHC (2-1) FLA (2-1) PIT (3-0)

STL 8-5 @ PHI (2-2) NYM (2-1) CHC (2-1) HOU (2-1)

ARI 9-3 @ SD (2-1) PIT (3-0) SF (2-1) LAD (2-1)

ATL 6-6 NYM (2-1) @ FLA (1-2) @ WAS (2-1) PHI (1-2)

MIL @ PHI

ATL @ ARI

Clinch Friday, September 23 vs. FLA. I'd love to get home field over ARI, but I don't see it happening when we are tied with them now and they hold the tie-breaker. They have an easy schedule too. I hope we get lucky and finish one game better than them, but we'll have to wait and see. It'll likely come down to the last day or two of the season.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

MIL 3-9 (90-72) - @CIN (1-2), @CHC (1-2) FLA (1-2) PIT (0-3)

STL 10-3 (91-71) - @PHI (2-2) NYM (3-0) CHC (3-1) @HOU (3-0)

ARI 7-5 (95-78)- @SD (2-1) PIT (2-1) SF (2-1) LAD (1-2)

ATL 4-8 (90-72) - NYM (2-1) @FLA (1-2) @WAS (1-2) PHI (0-3)

The Brewers tie with ATL for the wild card spot after losing the division on the last game of the regular season.

A one game playoff against the Braves in Milwaukee has the Brewers losing 4-3 in 13 innings on an Eric Hinske PH homerun.

STL ends up playing PHI and sweeps them.

The STL/NYY World Series goes to 7 games where Yadier Molina hits the game winning home to drive in Albert Pujols in the bottom of the 9th inning at Busch Stadium.

Pujols resigns with the Cards and Fielder signs with the Cubs.

Come on guys I know its nerve racking, but gees. we are 6-7 in September and could easily be 8-5 or 9-4. We were really in one game we lost in St. Louis and 2 of the games we lost against Philly. In Philly one bad inning in game 2 (only one) and an error in game three. Over the next 6 games we go 4-2 (very doable) 91-65 the Cardinals go 2-4 (very doable) 83-72. An 8 game spread with 7 to play for the Cardinals. Even if it takes a game or two longer. We win 4 they lose 4 its over. GAME SET MATCH. My concern is not the Cardinals, but the Diamondbacks. That's where every ones focus should be. It would be nice to win the division and have home field advantaged. We as fans deserve the right to watch game one in Milwaukee.

MIL 3-9 (90-72) - @CIN (1-2), @CHC (1-2) FLA (1-2) PIT (0-3)

STL 10-3 (91-71) - @PHI (2-2) NYM (3-0) CHC (3-1) @HOU (3-0)

ARI 7-5 (95-78)- @SD (2-1) PIT (2-1) SF (2-1) LAD (1-2)

ATL 4-8 (90-72) - NYM (2-1) @FLA (1-2) @WAS (1-2) PHI (0-3)

The Brewers tie with ATL for the wild card spot after losing the division on the last game of the regular season.

A one game playoff against the Braves in Milwaukee has the Brewers losing 4-3 in 13 innings on an Eric Hinske PH homerun.

STL ends up playing PHI and sweeps them.

The STL/NYY World Series goes to 7 games where Yadier Molina hits the game winning home to drive in Albert Pujols in the bottom of the 9th inning at Busch Stadium.

Pujols resigns with the Cards and Fielder signs with the Cubs.

That whole post is like a Brewer fan's worst nightmare.

Prediction: Despite clinching only second division title in franchise history, bf.net continues to read like a University of Minnesota sports message board.

Fact: Unless St Louis wins their series in Philadelphia, the Brewers can get swept on the coming road trip and still control their own path to the division title. My guess is that neither of those things happens and people expend their energy hoping the Brewers avoid the Phillies instead of just taking them on and beating them.

I'd guess we win 7 or 8 and clinch on the 23rd since we have tickets for that night. If baseball has taught me one thing over the years it is how the team has looked over whatever small sample has little to do with how they will look over the next small sample.

I'll be more optimistic:

@Cin 2-1 (E# 6)
@Cubs 3-0(E#3)
Marlins 2-1(E#1)
Pirates 3-0 Division winner!

Finishing the year at 10-2.

If the Brewers win all three against the Reds this weekend and the Cardinals get swept in the 4 game series against the Phillies the elimination number drops down to 1 and if the Brewers win on Monday against the Cubs the division is then wrapped up on that day with a Brewers win. If the Cardinals win two of the four games against the Phillies and the Brewers only win one game against the Reds the elimination number will be at 5. If the Phillies win 3 of the 4 games which I believe they will that drops it down to 5 without even a Brewers win. Realistically I expect the Brewers to win at least one game against the Reds which drops it to an elimination number of 4. With the Cubs, Marlins, and Pirates left after the Reds for the Brewers I don't see how the Brewers can not win the division. If the Phillies sweep the Cardinals it is all over for the Cardinals. The Cardinals have to win at least 3 games against the Phillies for them to have a realistic chance. Also don't count out the Mets being a hard team for the Cardinals to win against also that is going to be a very dangerous series for the Cardinals as the Mets are not a cake walk.

Crew: 9-3 Cincy(2-1), Chc (3-0), Fl (2-1) Pit (2-1)

StL: 9-4 Phil (1-3), NYM (2-1), Chc (3-0), Hou (3-0)

AZ: 7-5 SD (2-1), Pit (2-1), SF (1-2), LAD (2-1)

ATL: 4-8 NYM (2-1), FLA (1-2), Wash (1-2), Phil (0-3)

Philly vs. STL (STL gets the WC after owning the tiebreaker with ATL)

AZ vs. Crew (AZ wins the tiebreaker on the last game of the year)

Braun is going to go on a tear from here on out and wins the batting championship and the MVP. Gallardo finishes with 18 W's.

Here is what I've got:

MIL - 8-4 - @ CIN (1-2), @ CHC (2-1), FLA(2-1), PIT (3-0)

StL - 7-6 - @ PHI (1-3), NYM (2-1), CHC (2-1), @ HOU (2-1)

ARZ - 10 - 2 - @ SD (3-0), PIT (3-0), SF( 2-1), LAD (2-1)

ATL - 3-9 - NYM (1-2), @ FLA (1-2), @ WSH (1-2), PHI (0-3)

Brewers sleepwalk through the Cincy series, giving D-Train his first win but steal one of the first two. With St. Louis flailing against the Phillies buzz-saw, RRR decides for the final 9 games he needs to get JHJ in the lineup for Yuni, hoping to get more offense in the lineup on a consistent basis.

Arizona continues to play out of their mind and runs away with the #2 seed. Atlanta tanks the final two weeks and just when it looks like the Cardinals will sweep the Astros and take the Wild Card, their bullpen blows a late lead and they lose on a Jason Bourgeois walk-off. Brewers clinch next Friday.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Braun is going to go on a tear from here on out and wins the batting championship and the MVP. Gallardo finishes with 18 W's.

I'm pretty sure that STL and ATL would play a tie-breaker game for the Wild-Card spot.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm pretty sure that STL and ATL would play a tie-breaker game for the Wild-Card spot.

You're absolutely correct.

Brewers will finish 9-5 and get the 2nd seed. 2 weeks ago I had to change my 2 passwords at work and i changed them to brewer theme names, today I changed them to non Brewer theme so they will start winning again.I know it sounds wired but it made me get in a better mode, so well wait and see if it works.

This, unfortunately, may be the most far-fetched prediction in the thread.
It was slightly tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't be surprised to see RRR try to get anyone who is hitting into the lineup, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived