Brewer Fanatic

Roll call for Wrigley: September 2011

ilovebeer

I've been hoping and hoping that we can clinch the NL Central title at home. I have tickets to 4 of the last 6 home games. Not looking like that will happen now, but if this could stretch to Friday somehow, I would love it. I would never, ever cheer for us to lose and if we clinch before then, awesome. But to do it at home would be amazing. To do it on Thursday, while not playing, would kinda suck.

I have been eyeing StubHub lately as well and Wednesday might be the clincher. I am planning on going with some friends and family on Wednesday if the magic # is down to 1 after Tuesday night.

I have been to Wrigley many times, but have always driven and parked near the stadium. Thinking about taking the train this time, either driving to Chicago and taking the train from the northside to Addison or from Milwaukee. Can anyone comment on what might be the best/cheapest way to go as far as using the train?

Yeah, that's true. I'm just counting on them winning 4 straight. Obviously they're playing great, but they could easily lose 2 of 3. Or we could lose some as well, but it's looking like there is a very realistic chance that we clinch in Chicago or on the off day.

I have been eyeing StubHub lately as well and Wednesday might be the clincher. I am planning on going with some friends and family on Wednesday if the magic # is down to 1 after Tuesday night.

I have been to Wrigley many times, but have always driven and parked near the stadium. Thinking about taking the train this time, either driving to Chicago and taking the train from the northside to Addison or from Milwaukee. Can anyone comment on what might be the best/cheapest way to go as far as using the train?

You could take the Yellow line from Skokie, just off the interstate at Dempster. There is a transfer at Howard to the Redline, but its all pretty easy and costs $2.25 I think per person.

You could take the Yellow line from Skokie, just off the interstate at Dempster. There is a transfer at Howard to the Redline, but its all pretty easy and costs $2.25 I think per person.

I second that thought. It is a really easy train ride, and you get dropped off about 1/2 a block from the stadium.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I went to yesterday's game. Took the train as well. I didn't want to drive all the way down to Skokie, so I drove to Waukegan. Hopped on the Metra train and took it to Evanston-Main Street. (About an hour train ride and $10 fare round trip) From there, walked half a block and jumped on the CTA Purple Line at Evanston Main Street. During night games, the Purple Line Express drops you off at Sheridan with no need to transfer at Howard. To ride the CTA aka the L, it's $2.25 each way, for a total cost of $4.50. Grand total for the train rides was $14.50.

Since you are going to a day game, you could get easily get on in Kenosha. We drove to Waukegan because late night return routes to Kenosha don't run as frequently as they do Waukegan. You can still take it to Evanston-Main Street and then switch to the CTA Purple Line. You will just have to transfer to the Red Line at Howard and get off at either Sheridan or Addison.

http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/up-n/schedule.html

http://www.transitchicago.com/purpleline/

Group of 4 driving down from Madison for the Wednesday matinee. To get to the north side (we're parking at Howard and taking the Red Line to the stadium), would the brewerfan masses suggest taking the I-90 through Rockford or I-94 around Milwaukee?

I would suggest going through Rockford, but then going to Howard doesn't really make any sense.

Group of 4 driving down from Madison for the Wednesday matinee. To get to the north side (we're parking at Howard and taking the Red Line to the stadium), would the brewerfan masses suggest taking the I-90 through Rockford or I-94 around Milwaukee?

I would suggest going through Rockford, but then going to Howard doesn't really make any sense.

True, but they could stop at the O'Hare Blue line station and take that and transfer to the red line. Probably would take about the same amount of time.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived