Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-14 Rockies (Millwood) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 6-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of Green only getting one PH appearance and then being taken out while McGehee plays every inning. He should've stayed in the game for McGehee. How is he supposed to stay sharp with 1 AB every game or two?
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

This team is fling backwards while everyone else The Cards And Phillis and Dbacks are hard charging to the playoffs. I also ready in a TH tweet Prince talking about how this last year in Milwaukee. Man way to get yourselves ready for the final push.

Unfortunately, not many people believe the Brewers are for real (anymore) heading into the playoffs. They are stumbling badly. And regardless what side of the fence any of us are on (super fan vs chicken littles), we all know there is an undulating feeling of trouble heading into the post season. It's real, and it's palpable.

KRod shooting his mouth off to reporters about his unhappiness instead of going to RR, then Prince telling the world today this is "probably his last year" with the Brewers...all the while the team is in the heat of a pennant chase. This team is folding, and I am surprised.

For such a self proclaimed 'loose' bunch, not only are they gripping those bats into sawdust, they are showing their true colors, mentally.

I'd have a lot more faith in our postseason chances if only one of McGehee/Betancourt was replaced. Just one of them. That's really what is contributing to our offense ineptitude lately.

For such a self proclaimed 'loose' bunch, not only are they gripping those bats into sawdust, they are showing their true colors, mentally.

See, I just can't buy that. They had a 5-0 stretch against PIT and LAD where the offense was putrid, but was masked by outstanding pitching. Nobody was talking about the offense then.

One last thought on the Prince thing...he is supposed to be a leader on this team. As such, you don't say those kinds of things given the context - and big picture - of the team's current situation. Without researching it this very minute, I'm pretty sure Sabathia said something to the effect of 'we'll worry about next season later, 'we are worried about making the playoffs now' when he was pressed about re-signing in MKE.

Regardless what happens this year, I love this team. Love them through and through.

I'd have a lot more faith in our postseason chances if only one of McGehee/Betancourt was replaced. Just one of them. That's really what is contributing to our offense ineptitude lately.

See, I just can't buy that. They had a 5-0 stretch against PIT and LAD where the offense was putrid, but was masked by outstanding pitching. Nobody was talking about the offense then.

People think I'm nuts, but I'd rather keep Betancourt and sit McGehee if I had to choose between the two. But I won't belabor that point. They are both in the lineup, and I expect them to remain there for better and worse.

And what part don't you buy? I don't follow how it relates to the 5-0 stretch against PIT and LAD. They are all gripping their bats into sawdust. Just about every batter in the lineup is pressing, and they are admitting as much.

As far as the 'true colors' comment, that was in reference to how some of these guys are handling themselves in the media.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. Basically, the offense has been not-so-good most of the season, and Betancourt and McGehee are the major issues. They both should have been replaced a long time ago. For most of that amazing stretch the Brewers had, the offense has been just as bad as it is now -- the opposition has just gotten better since then.

I guess I don't really care what K-Rod or Prince says to the media. I'm sure they both want to win the World Series as much as anybody and playing well down the stretch and in the playoffs bodes well for them in the pocketbook. I don't think commentary to the media will affect how the team plays.

I'm going to pound a beer every time:

1. Betancourt swings at the first pitch, and a terrible pitch at that.
2. McGehee pulls an outside pitch to the shortstop.
3. Kotsay hits a weak grounder to 2nd.
4. A 2nd baseman gets to a ball on the shortstop side of second base that Betancourt doesn't even make an attempt at.

I might not be able to stand up by the 8th inning of most games.

I know we'll come out of this offensive slump, just as we have earlier in the season. I just hope it's before next season.

I hate it when a walk or a single feels like our best chance at a rally -- and that's all the offense we must for a 3-inning stretch. These guys just have forgotten how to relax & put together good, easy at-bats.

I commented about the lack of multi-run innings in another thread not that long ago. I was hoping it'd be a commentary on the past, not anything prophetic.

Can't blame this one on Yuni. Eh, I'm sure somebody will anyways.

No but just because he had a good game, doesn't mean he's not a terrible player. Over the course of a season, he will be one of, if not the worst player on whatever team he's on.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The brewers Hitters have been a joke for a while w/o the lights out pitching we be looking up at 1st place.I thinking that we will still this team fail big time by the end of the month.They are playing bad baseball no offense and bad defense does not make a playoff team.

I guess I don't really care what K-Rod or Prince says to the media. I'm sure they both want to win the World Series as much as anybody and playing well down the stretch and in the playoffs bodes well for them in the pocketbook. I don't think commentary to the media will affect how the team plays.

I couldn't disagree more. I don't know how long you've followed organized sports, or if you've ever been a part of a team, but you want your leaders to act like real leaders. Prince's comments are pretty ill timed, and gives a small indication of where his head is. See my post about Sabathia above.

And don't kid yourself, they are getting paid regardless of what they do down the stretch. It's a little naive to think otherwise. Prince could go 0-rest of season, and he's still getting 100+mil. Believe that.

I'm going to pound a beer every time:
1. Betancourt swings at the first pitch, and a terrible pitch at that.
2. McGehee pulls an outside pitch to the shortstop.
3. Kotsay hits a weak grounder to 2nd.
4. A 2nd baseman gets to a ball on the shortstop side of second base that Betancourt doesn't even make an attempt at.

I might not be able to stand up by the 8th inning of most games.
I would be dead by the fourth inning.

Can't blame this one on Yuni. Eh, I'm sure somebody will anyways.

No but just because he had a good game, doesn't mean he's not a terrible player. Over the course of a season, he will be one of, if not the worst player on whatever team he's on.

Just curious: do you boo him when you're at games like Cubs fans boo Soriano? Cubs fans legitimately get furious when he gets a hit, and then they get furious when he gets an out. Other than select Cubs fans I've never heard someone hate a player that plays for their own team so much. I'm wondering what you thought of Bill Hall... I couldn't stand him, but you must have lost your mind!

I like Casey McGehee a lot, but his past 3-4 weeks of regression (again) is just too much. I like him being part of this team going forward, but I'm sure glad we have both Green (the savior) and Gamel (the thick-headed one) as well as Casey for the corner IF spots next year.

...And I'm sure glad at this point that McGehee didn't accept the Brewers' long-term contract offer. At least now Casey has a whole lot more to prove going forward.

Archived