Brewer Fanatic

UW-Madison viewing party at Union South, Tuesday 9/20

hawing

So I was walking through the Memorial Union hallway when a photo of Bernie Brewer on one of the bulletin boards caught my eye.

Turns out the Brewers are having an "away game viewing party" in The Sett at Union South on Tuesday, September 20, . Bernie will be there and prizes will be available. I assume a large-screen TV will be involved. I don't see an obvious mention of this on brewers.com (though the bulletin board flyer clearly came from the Brewers), but there is a corresponding entry in the UW-Madison events calendar.

Anyone want to go? We could have a nerdy bf.net corner of the Sett and campus wi-fi is available (in case we want to post! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif)

UW-Madison students and employees, Wisconsin Union members, and their guests can use the Unions. I'm sure some of you are UW-Madison students; my S.O. is staff and I'm a lifetime Union member.

If you're thinking about it, post here. If the S.O. and I get there, at least one of us will have something bf.net on.

It seems to be once in a blue moon that the Brewers reach out to Madison, so let's give them reason to keep doing it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd be interested if I don't end up going to Wrigley. Sounds like a good time and I'd love to see the redone Union South.
Oh, if you haven't seen the redone Union South it should be worthwhile just for that. That place is a freakin' resort. Since it was a few years in the making, most current undergrads probably never saw or only briefly saw the original building. The difference is stark. It's quite deluxe and The Sett is no exception:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS4N8flPxW4jcP-IoGJ6p33MSpeuqwrACcGgMyMlwAB34CtYThwA

Looks like a big enough screen to me. I think The Sett is meant to be Union South's equivalent to the Rathskeller.

Well, the SO and I are still planning on giving this a try. I have no idea what the turnout will be like, but the Sett seems to have pretty ample seating capacity. If nothing else, we'll have our first meal at Club Union South.

I'm currently leaning toward wearing a Counsell player tee and ball/glove hoody. zachlaka knows what I look like and my SO is older than I am, but still a nice approachable guy. I haven't committed to bringing the laptop, but might still if SO is willing to carry it.

SCBCF, you'll have to remind me some other time to tell you where on campus I was the night of the no-hitter.

So I'm here at Union South with Bernie literally sitting next to us. Not 100% confident in the intern running this, though, as he said at the start of the game that if the Brewers win tonight and STL loses, they win the division. Really? Fail much?

The Sett is lively but not quite packed. There's maybe 50 people here, mostly students. Bernie's handing out stuff we already have: Prince growth charts, Hot Dog bobbles and eventually T-shirts. We did score a pennant and some stickers, though.

Archived