Brewer Fanatic

2012 Schedule released

hawing

Link to "John and Cait" blog

I don't know that I'm particularly in the mood to think about 2012 when there is plenty to occupy my mind about 2011, but here you go.

Some highlights:

• Opening Day is Friday, April 6 (3:10 start due to Good Friday) vs. STL.

• There are two home interleague series (MIN and TOR) and three road interleague series (MIN, CWS and KC). Hiya, Ned.

• Holiday home games include Easter Sunday (April 8, STL), Mother's Day (May 13, CHC) and July 4 (Marlins, who by then will be Miami instead of Florida).
  • The regular season ends at home: October 1-3 vs. SD.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Some thoughts:

- Yet another series in Chicago the first week of the season when it could be very cold or snowing.

- Cue the endless news stories about people eating meat at the game / while tailgating for Opening Day on Good Friday.

- Last few weeks of the season looks reasonably easy, on paper, similar to this year.

Sounds like an easier schedule than this year. KC & Minnesota are awful, the only good interleague team we play is the White Sox and I guess the Blue Jays. We're lucky that we dodged Detroit.
Minnesota's been awful this year cause of a ridiculous amount of injuries to their best players. If they're relatively healthy next year, they won't be nearly as bad. Still though, KC-Minnesota-Chicago is infinitely better than Bos-NYY-TB.

6 teams in the NL Central, 5 teams in the AL Central, so you have to bring in teams from other divisions to make a schedule.

Shouldn't this happen every year then? Since we always have more teams? It probably has, I just don't remember it.

I'm loving that the Brewers make their trip to Phoenix the day after we get out of school for the year. I know where I'll be going to celebrate the beginning of summer.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

One nice thing is the Cardinals actually open the Marlins new ballpark in a special one game series on 4/4, so on 4/6 it will be our #1 starter vs. their #2 starter, and each pitching matchup in that series will be mismatched in our favor.

KC is improving, TOR would be a contender if not for their division, and CWS are decent. That said, MIN looks to be in the unfun part of the success cycle, and needless to say, it looks superb compared to this year for W's and L's. Attendance wise, I bet they wish the White Sox would be visiting instead of the Jays, but that's for others to worry about.

One nice thing is the Cardinals actually open the Marlins new ballpark in a special one game series on 4/4, so on 4/6 it will be our #1 starter vs. their #2 starter, and each pitching matchup in that series will be mismatched in our favor.
I saw that, and thought it was a misprint. Why open the new ballpark with a one-game series? Why not open the season with a normal series like everyone else? Strange. I like the inconvenience for the Cards, though. I'm sure they're already whining about it.

I don't like that long road trip near the end of the season.
Why? It's PIT, WSH, and CIN. It's not like going to BOS and NY this year. Then they come back against HOU and SD.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Why? It's PIT, WSH, and CIN. It's not like going to BOS and NY this year. Then they come back against HOU and SD.

Depending on what Washington does this offseason, you could be talking about 2, or possibly all 3 being wild card contenders. By no means easy games.

The Pirates don't scare me. Cincy is good but not someone to be scared of. As for the Nationals, they don't scare me now and I don't think you can bring what they might do in the offseason into the equation. Obviously any team can beat any other team on any given day but it's not something to be scared about. A road trip that would scare me would be BOS, NY, PHI.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I encourage those who haven't been to Kauffman Stadium yet to try to make it down for the Brewers/Royals series in 2012. It's about a 9 hour drive from Milwaukee. Kauffman Stadium is great. Kauffman and Fenway are my two favorite MLB stadiums.

There are many other reasons for you to attend the series. The Royals have a loyal, knowledgeable, and friendly fan base. 8 of their current top 10 prospects are projected to make the 2012 squad. Current rookies Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas are only going to get better. You finally get your chance to wear your Brewers Escobra jersey. Most importantly, you get to see another team get Yosted in person.

Archived