Brewer Fanatic

How much will Greinke get for his next contract?

moofnelson

It depends on how much he and his wife are looking for. If they like Milwaukee (as that article suggested) something between 5 years $75 million and 6 years $105 million. If he wants to test the marketplace, he could get more

While i would feel somewhat leery about giving any pitcher five years at big money for potential health reasons, Greinke has been durable over his career and is a great athlete for a pitcher, so it would lessen my fears to a degree.

I'd do 5/90 if Greinke would take it because top tier starting pitchers in their prime are arguably the most hard to find commodities in the game besides an elite catcher who can both hit and play quality defense.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
i wonder if Greinke will want to even talk about an extension until after 2012. he seems more interested in being in a comfortable situation - which includes winning. I wonder if he'd feel 'trapped' by a longer term deal. he doesn't seem obsessed with money. he might just want to wait, see how the team looks going into 2013, before committing.

Archived