Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-13 Rockies (Rogers) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-1 (11) - Braun walkoff brings magic #8]

pretendastronaut

That was clearly not a foul tip, I rewound it. Horrible call there. Inning should be over.

Regardless of this works or not, I think pitching to Helton here is a huge mistake. Don't let him beat you. If he gets out, you have to face Smith anyway. Would you pitch to Braun in this spot? Hope it works but this is a very strange move (as per usual Ron).

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's situations like these that should get some of the blame placed on the top of the lineup as well. Across the board RISP has been problematic, and not just the bottom of the lineup. Every play has been bad batting in runs the last couple of series. Yuni literally had 40% of the Brewers RBIs last series. I'm fine with him grabbing 4 RBIs in a series. I'm not going to blame him more than the top 5 hitters of the lineup (yes including Casey) for not producing more runs in the series.

And I do think it's a lateral move between him and Hariston in terms of RISP. Yuni batting in front of Casey managed to get 4 RBIs in the Phillies series, and Hariston in 99 AB has managed to get the same amount of RBI's. He's been really bad with RISP, like the rest of the team. I don't think it would be a downgrade, but I don't think it'd be an upgrade either.
First, everybody goes in slumps. The problem is the bottom of the lineup is in a year-long slump. They have to be able to pick up the top of the order. I don't think just picking the Phillies series and saying Yuni got 4 RBIs should get him off the hook for all his other suckiness. The best available players should be playing, period. I don't care if it's a marginal upgrade (which I don't think it is) or if it's an astronomical upgrade. Any upgrade should be in.

Second, I don't care about RBIs with Yuni vs. Hairston. I care about OBP. RBIs are more a reflection of the team/opportunities whereas OBP is more a reflection of the player's actual skill.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

That was clearly not a foul tip, I rewound it. Horrible call there. Inning should be over.

Regardless of this works or not, I think pitching to Helton here is a huge mistake. Don't let him beat you. If he gets out, you have to face Smith anyway. Would you pitch to Braun in this spot? Hope it works but this is a very strange move (as per usual Ron).

As did I. So another bad call from the ump. 2 bad calls, a bad strike zone, and the interference call. So even if you agree with the interference call, he's blown 2 others.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Again, Hart strikes out RISP, Braun can't advance a runner to second and Fielder strikes out and can't advance a runner to second. It isn't just the bottom half of the lineup.

And again, the top of the lineup is having a bad game. Even a bad week. The bottom of the lineup is having a bad year.

It's the ENTIRE lineup in a funk. For two weeks now. It's not all good pitching either, as this guy has been brutal all year. Nobody is getting hits, nobody is executing fundamentals and our power is just gone. This happens with streaky hitters, but this is the third extended stretch of the season where virtually the entire team is in a slump. We should have way too much talent on offfense to have this much trouble scoring runs.

Braun has been getting jammed inside for two weeks and hasn't made any sort of adjustment at all.

C'mon Ax, keep it tied here. How about a nice, quick inning and then we can walk off! Good start, one pitch, one out.

It's the ENTIRE lineup in a funk. For two weeks now. It's not all good pitching either, as this guy has been brutal all year. Nobody is getting hits, nobody is executing fundamentals and our power is just gone. This happens with streaky hitters, but this is the third extended stretch of the season where virtually the entire team is in a slump. We should have way too much talent on offfense to have this much trouble scoring runs.

Braun has been getting jammed inside for two weeks and hasn't made any sort of adjustment at all.

C'mon Ax, keep it tied here. How about a nice, quick inning and then we can walk off! Good start, one pitch, one out.

Braun the past 14 days: .327/.352/.500
Fielder .283/.389/.457
Hart: .271/.300/.521
Morgan .297/.395/.486
Lucroy .143/.219/.393
McGehee .176/.282/.353
Betancourt .282/.310/.436

No it hasn't been the entire lineup

Archived