Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-13 Rockies (Rogers) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-1 (11) - Braun walkoff brings magic #8]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greinke statistically has a much better chance of laying a bunt down and advancing the runner to second than he does at getting a hit (and not grounding into a double play). It's easy to say he should have swung away on hindsight, but if he would have grounded into a double play, there would be a lot of angry, angry people.

It wasn't hindsight. People on here have been discussing Roenicke's love of the bunt all year. And even if the bunt was laid down, it would still be an out given up.
There's a difference between bunting with player hitting over .275 and bunting when your pitcher is at the plate. This situation: good. Morgan bunting with a runner at 2nd: bad.

And having bad defense cost you 1 run in this game shouldn't be an issue if the offense was doing its job verses a terrible pitcher. The Brewers should be able to score enough runs to not have the defense carry the team.

I'm not a big fan of bunting, but seriously, it's the pitcher with a runner on 1st. All 16 NL managers are going to bunt there.

Doesn't mean it's always right. I just don't like playing for one run in the early innings. If Roenicke didn't bunt so much I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Hanrahan gives up a run in the 9th. So in the last few days, the Cardinals get 2 of Kimbrel, one of Hanrahan last night and at least 1 tonight. Premier closers giving up runs to the bottom of the Cardinals order. Ridiculous. The Cardinals tried to give this one away and are still going to get a win (seems like the Brewers tonight). Not over yet, but it's not looking good. Pirates just made an error, so the Cardinals are threatening to put more runs on the board. Hard to expect the Pirates to help us, but you at least expect premier closers to not give up the game.

So Braun gives up on the ball in the gap, and if you saw the replay..he definitely had a shot at that ball. It was in the air a really long time and Braun apparently made a bad read on it. Then he completely misjudges the next ball by taking a few steps in before going back and the ball goes over his head. This defense is freaking pathetic. This is the first game I've been able to watch in a few weeks, I don't know how most of you can watch this team on a daily basis with how atrocious our defense is.

Cards up 6-4 and counting. Error leads to an unearned run. Still batting too. Come on Brewers, this guy has been getting drilled lately and basically just throws fastballs. Square a few up and hit a ball or two out. Our HR numbers have just fallen off the earth lately. Especially with men on base.

Really....Casey squaring to bunt? He's the worst bunter on the team. Come on Ron.

Lovely. More crappy fundamentals. Can't get pull your bat back from a bunt attempt on a ball at your shoes and then watch a strike go right down the middle of the plate then ground in to a double play.

So glad we keep sticking with the guys who have got us here.

Archived