Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-13 Rockies (Rogers) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win 2-1 (11) - Braun walkoff brings magic #8]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only follow on Gameday, but that sure had the look of the type of at-bat this team's mostly forgotten how to have the past couple weeks. Way to go, Braunie!!!!

Now back to trumpet practice (which, in essence, means getting back to work).

i liked how braunie - in his post game - accepted the fact that he played badly today. His 'worse game' he said. Great at bat by Braun.

I liked that too. He was right, his first 4 ABs were terrible and the misjudged ball in the OF was worse. Thankfully, he made up for it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
i liked how braunie - in his post game - accepted the fact that he played badly today. His 'worse game' he said. Great at bat by Braun.

I liked that too. He was right, his first 4 ABs were terrible and the misjudged ball in the OF was worse. Thankfully, he made up for it.

yeah, he manned up, admitted he sucked, didn't back away from his bad play. Accept responsibility - gotta love it. And then to ignore the issues and step up and end it. awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQzvX6Hsuas

I love the absolute adrenaline after the hit and the F*** YEAH!!!! at the end. Recorded on my phone http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Yeah...you don't have to be an expert lip reader to make that out. Yay emotion.

In all of Ryan's Sunday at-bats, I was saying to myself (as if he could hear me), no need to wait until the 28th for heroics. Thanks!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Great win last night. Just frustrating that if Braun and Fielder aren't hitting, the offense is basically completely impotent right now.
What's really frustrating is that if Braun leads off an inning with a double, the rest of the inning is brutally predictable.

Fielder -- IW

McGehee, Double play

Betencourt, pop out.

What's really frustrating is that if Braun leads off an inning with a double, the rest of the inning is brutally predictable.

Fielder -- IW

McGehee, Double play

Betencourt, pop out.

Yeah, it's sadly comical how predictably that sequence went yesterday.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

So was that the type of play that wakes up the offense from this horrible funk they're in? Or was that just a nice moment and we'll be back to struggling again tonight?

Our next 4 games are against Millwood, Arroyo, Volquez and Willis. Not exactly a murders row of pitchers there.

Archived