Brewer Fanatic

Nintendo Wii

adamb100

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Finding a use for that high school graduation money, huh?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

jiminies! A Thousand dollars?!?!? I think I was lucky to pull in a couple hundred! I don't think I got $1000 in gifts from my wedding!

Wow! Congrats, though. Don't blow it all. You'll be wishing you had some of that about the third week of college otherwise. (or first week if you like to party)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well when I graduated I got a brand new bach Trombone valued at 1400 dollars. so that's not unheard of. If it were me I would wait on the Wii, to me its not worth it to overpay when there is really no got to have game yet

I've owned a Wii for a couple months. It's got tons of potential, but the game developers need to catch up -- especially when they realize the older demographic buying the games.

A true baseball sim on the Wii (next year) could be simply amazing. That said, it's still worth the money now simply for Wii Sports and party games.

I just bought a Wii on Sunday at Toys 'R Us. My friend just picked one up Monday at GameStop. I've been trying to buy one since March. They've been scarce, but it sounds like Nintendo is finally starting to meet demand. Just keep calling around to stores until you find one. Also, GameStop.com has bundles of the Wii, classic controller, Wii points, and two games available at anytime. If you wanted those items, you can order the package there. But the packages don't save you any money.

Inside tip: deliveries are made during the week. Stores like Best Buy, Toys 'R Us, etc don't make them available until the next Sunday morning. So if you call them on a Friday or Saturday they can tell you how many are going to be sold. GameStop stores sell them as they come in, so you'd just have to keep checking back every couple of days or so to see what they have in stock.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I personally love my Wii. The best way to get them I still think is Craigslist. I got mine in February that way. As for games ? Zelda is by far the best game so far. Now Tiger is hard, but once you get it is an absolute blast. I am looking forward to playing Paper Mario.

The other great thing is the Virtual Console. I have already downloaded 10 games. Had to get Mario Kart.

• 4 months later...

I'm preparing to buy one.....some home theater guys installing a projector and screen in my house said it is a "must have" for such a setup.

In addition to enjoying playing games myself...I have two young kids. Are there any updates on new games or recommendations on which type of accessories or configuration I should score?

Are there any updates on new games or recommendations on which type of accessories or configuration I should score?

Super Mario Galaxy comes out soon, and is THE game. You'll also need an extra controller and either a bunch of Nimh batteries or rechargeable battery packs for the remotes. Other than that, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are my personal favorites, but they're too difficult for young kids, though you may love them. Super Paper Mario is also really good.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn ships next week.

The Fire Emblem series (this is the 10th in total, but the 4th game to be released in the U.S.) are the origins of the strategy-RPG genre.

Turn-based, with simple game mechanics, and engaging stories that connect you to the characters (death in the game is permanent....unless you re-start the level).

I'm even playing the GameCube game this week to catch up with the story (plus, you can transfer game data from FE9, as FE10 takes place 3 years later w/ many of the same characters).

It's funny: as a gamer, the two titles on the Wii that I'm most looking forward to are the ones that don't use the motion-sensing aspects of the controller (FE & Smash Bros Brawl).

Archived