Brewer Fanatic

Climbing up on the Anxiety Meter

Samurai Bucky
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the argument that Arizona has nothing to lose, I've seen that one a lot. They have just as much at stake as the Brewers. This isn't a situation similar to '08 where the Cubs really had nothing to lose. I doubt if either team is 'loose' despite what they are saying. I think that the first few innings are going to be very telling. If one of the teams gets out to a lead, it will be much easier for them to relax, vice-versa if one team falls behind it will be very easy to press and get frustrated. Bottom line, if these guys want to bury the ghost of the '82 team, they need to step it up. That team was loved because they won when their backs were to the wall. This game reminds me so much of the game 162 at Memorial Stadium, but those guys had even worse mojo going. On the road, lost three in two days to the Orioles and going up against Jim Palmer in Earl Weaver's possible final game. Talk about momentum.... Prince or Braun need to set the tone early like Robin did that day.

You know what's going to be cool? Seeing the Brewers celebrate a big win with a dogpile on the field, rather than the reserved celebrations while waiting for another game's outcome that we've had previously.

I feel like I'm about to puke. I'd be less nervous if I was actually playing in the game, I think.

10 Brewer runs in the first inning might make me feel better http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived