Brewer Fanatic

Climbing up on the Anxiety Meter

Samurai Bucky
Miller Park definitely will be crazy.

Sometimes I believe in momentum sometimes I don't. The Crew was riding high going into ARI and that momentum lasted all of 2 outs before it was squashes. In-game momentum is much more real to me than his game to game momentum. Thats why Yo going out in the 1st and shutting them down is going to be key.

I am stuck at work until 5 so it will be Gameday up until then. Hopefully when I get home I can watch the Crew cruise to a nice win and then I can watch STL and PHI duke it out for the chance to play us. There is a certain appeal to STL winning because we would probably get to face Kyle Lohse and Jaime Garcia at home in Games #1 & #2. I like the Brewers chances against those guys. Otherwise it is Lee & Hamels on the road in PHI

Yep, seems like every game they score in the first inning or at least threaten to score, let's have a quick first inning or it's going to turn into 'here we go again' and the crowd might turn on them.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully being at home will right this ship. Personally I blame the grey road uniforms...werent our splits with those uniforms this season pretty bad? That being said,it should be intense there on Friday, and like usual I wouldnt expect to see a big Dbacks showing up there...i saw a whole 2 Dbacks fans last weekend at The Keg.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I'm at Defcon 1. I am actually frightened about attending tomorrow. Sure, we won two games at home. They demolished us the past two games. I think the crowd might become a non-factor by the 3rd inning tomorrow.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm so pessimistic, even my optimism has a negative side. How bad is it? Even if they win tomorrow, I'm afraid of them losing to the Classies in game 7 at home. . . on a grand slam. . . off Yo. . . by King Albert. . . while being no-hit. . . by Carpenter.

Toldja it was bad - dementedly bad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I can't even come up with the words to describe how I'm feeling about this team, this series and Game 5.

It just really comes down to Yo. If he pitches to his ability, we win. I'm really hoping he does just that tomorrow. If not.....

I'm nervous. Can't think of anything but the game. But this is what the playoffs mean. Who performs better under stress, fear, and anxiety? I will be watching, scared to death, and just hoping to let all the pent up nervous-excitement out in one huge celebratory shout.

This is what fans are supposed to live for. I am caring way more than I should, and there is so much on the line. What is it they say? No risk, no reward?

I'm so pessimistic, even my optimism has a negative side. How bad is it? Even if they win tomorrow, I'm afraid of them losing to the Classies in game 7 at home. . . on a grand slam. . . off Yo. . . by King Albert. . . while being no-hit. . . by Carpenter.

Toldja it was bad - dementedly bad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

i'm the same way. when i saw the cards had tied the series i was so irritated and thinking about them making it beyond the phillies. i felt it was guaranteed they would beat us and how if they did i am taking a break from baseball for a couple years.

also...i know i'll get skewered here for this but i have the option to go to game five but i can't stomach it due to the possibility we lose. i'd be devastated.

I was born post-1982, and the Crew's 2008 showing was pretty much drama-free, so this has been my first experience with the craziness of the baseball postseason, and I gotta say I was not ready for the amount of drama and anxiety involved.

So far in my young life, the most tense I've ever been watching my teams were the 2000 Rose Bowl vs. Stanford and the Elite 8 game vs. Purdue a few months afterwards that sent Wisconsin to the Final Four. I am absolutely convinced that tomorrow will exceed that. In fact, having sweated through various March Madness, NFL and NBA Playoffs, and College football games before now, I am just realizing that those scenarios were all walks in the park compared to what's at stake for an MLB elimination game.

I was at MP on Saturday for game 1 and the crowd was terrific: loud and happy. No doubt they will be loud tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be with a more nervous energy than before. Hopefully the team has a more stable mindset than I do.

I'm oddly calm, mainly because I think I have never been all that anxious this season. I never in my life thought the Brewers clinching the division would be anti-climactic, but it was for me this year since they had the division wrapped up so soon. I think I have been slightly complacent, which I don't think I can believe.

Vegas has the Brewers as 58% favorites for game 5. Before the season started, if you would have given me the option of the Brewers having a 58% chance of making it to at least the second round of the playoffs, I would have taken it. Everything else is water under the bridge. What happens happens. I'm just going to try avoid getting so anxious that I can't enjoy the game.

Go Brewers!

Vegas has the Brewers as 58% favorites for game 5. Before the season started, if you would have given me the option of the Brewers having a 58% chance of making it to at least the second round of the playoffs, I would have taken it. Everything else is water under the bridge. What happens happens. I'm just going to try avoid getting so anxious that I can't enjoy the game.

Go Brewers!

No offense, but yet another baseless percentage thrown out there. It's 50-50. Brewers will either win or lose.

Go Brewers!

No offense, but yet another baseless percentage thrown out there. It's 50-50. Brewers will either win or lose.

Baseless percentage? It's not as if Vegas is really good at predicting this things or anything.

I am a 11. i don't have a good feeling about this, i don't plan to even watch the game, i am going to dvr itand fast forward it. In my brain I have all ready started the off season.

if you are only 11, how do you know that you really love beer? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Seriously, I'm nervous and anxious but it's a good kind of nervous and anxious. The game starts tomorrow at 2:07 AZ time. I will be in the middle of class with 1st graders teaching "The Zombie Game." I have one more class after that. Then I will be sequestering myself in my room, lights off, music blaring, windows and doors closed and locked so I do not hear anything about the game. At 4:00 AZ time, my wife should be done with her after-school stuff and we should be able to leave, hopefully sneaking out the back door so nobody blabs anything while we scurry to the car. The radio will already be turned off (it's set to MLB Radio 24/7 but we'll turn radio power off in the morning) so we don't hear anything. I'm going to get home and start the DVR recording from the beginning and watch it "live" to me. Yeah, I'll skip thru the commercials, being very VERY careful not to push the "real-time" button or fast-forward or anything.

So help me if Directv screws me over and the DVR doesn't record correctly or is "mysteriously" blacked out or something like they seem to do every Opening Day. . . . .

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Ok, then tell me where they get the 58 to 42 % difference? Won't the Brewers either win or lose? It's a 50-50 chance one of those results will occur. Where am I wrong??

Brewer home record (over .700 winning percentage), D-Backs road record (barely .500). The fact that Yo has dominated AZ over his career (yes, it is significant) including Saturday, and that they knocked Kennedy around pretty good on Saturday. I wouldn't personally lay the chalk, but -146 is a pretty strong favorite in Vegas. I'm waiting to see which way the line moves. At any rate, I'm pulling for the Tigers here, hopefully they are the Cinderella this season (yes, I know that result has no bearing on the Brewers, but still).

I'm 73% anxious that 90% of the threads on this board are cluttered with 23% of the posts arguing whether stats are valid or not.

I was really nervous all day but now I'm just ready to get to the park tomorrow. What will be will be but if you told me there was going to be a game 5 at Miller Park when the season started, I would have been thrilled. The last 2 games were maddening but the score right now is 0-0. I'm 100% sure of that.

Archived